United Airlines Not Playing Around on Vaccine Mandate

I wasn’t interested in acquiring the information on offer, so no thank you. It’s irrelevant as far as I’m concerned. Society must go on as normal post-vaccine.
Wow. You asked a question. I responded with information you specifically said you did not know just for informational purposes. I did not opine.

If you really didn’t want the information, you could have simply said, “thanks” and moved on. That would have been the civil thing to do. How was I to know you really didn’t want it? I was just trying to help.

You talk about the toxicity of social media, yet can’t craft a civil response. Nice. You would not do this in person.

Wow. You asked a question.

I actually didn’t. Go back and look at my post. No question was asked. And that’s why your replies come across as smart-assed.

You talk about the toxicity of social media, yet can’t craft a civil response. Nice. You would not do this in person.

I don’t think either of us have been civil in this exchange. But yes, another perfect example of how social media sucks.

Yeah I know, I was funnin. To his credit, the Toddler owns it when he changes his mind, rather than attempting to backfill his former position to match up. IMHO, we should all take a lesson.

Which is not to say that when his weird little Libertarian mini-me pops out, it's not generally in the worst possible ways.

And that is part of what makes him worth listening to!

There is simply no comparison to a vaccine and a perpetual face diaper. One takes a split second to get and is done. Over. Fin. The other is an ongoing negative change to our way of life. Sorry, not getting on board with the perma-maskers. Once vaxed, no longer masked.

Wearing a piece of tissue over your piehole is a "negative change to our way of life"? Be serious, Sen. McCarthy. I don't even really care all that much whether it's effective (the jury seems to be out, at least, on just HOW effective), it's a non-issue. Plus, now when I knock over a 7-11 at 4 in the morning, they never see me coming!

interestingly related, masks are not required for pax or crew on 121 flights doing DOD/mil charter. As such, the mask requirement briefing is not required to be given to the pax during the FA safety brief,

As always, such consistency with the government. :rolleyes:

The mask requirement extension that came out on 20 August under Safety Directive 1544-21-02B, the third revision of this directive, contains language in it that states, in part “……..an aircraft, train, road vehicle, vessel….or other means of transport, including military”, and extends mask wear on 121 flights, among other conveyances, until 31 January 2022. However, DOD/Charter Part 121 flights don’t fall under 49 CFR 1544, which is where this mandate comes from. I don’t know if that is a typo on the part of the TSA guidance or not, as TSA has no regulatory enforcement authority for the DOD charters. Hence, they are exempt from the requirements of it, even though the word “military” is stated in the Safety Directive guidance. So, masks aren’t required nor enforced, nor is the briefing required. If a passenger chooses to wear a mask, that’s their choice.

interestingly related, masks are not required for pax or crew on 121 flights doing DOD/mil charter. As such, the mask requirement briefing is not required to be given to the pax during the FA safety brief,

Despite what the language says, this is 100% not how the DOD is handling charter operations, at least when utilizing 121 carriers.

This must be why I don't see my former coworkers absolutely losing their minds on social media. I was wondering. Thought maybe a meteor had hit Tulsa or something.

Despite what the language says, this is 100% not how the DOD is handling charter operations, at least when utilizing 121 carriers.

I’ve seen many variances of it, depending on location. DOD at some locations has seemingly been requiring masks or enforcing them during boarding, etc; and at other locations seemingly not requiring it……or at least not enforcing any internal requirement, for their flights. I haven’t taken specific note of which carriers were doing what with their loads of pax on the ramp at each location, but the DOD variances in operation were different enough to be noticeable. *shrug*

I’ve seen many variances of it, depending on location. DOD at some locations has seemingly been requiring masks or enforcing them during boarding, etc; and at other locations seemingly not requiring it……or at least not enforcing any internal requirement, for their flights. I haven’t taken specific note of which carriers were doing what with their loads of pax on the ramp at each location, but the DOD variances in operation were different enough to be noticeable. *shrug*

So, they're taking after TSA and making up different rules at each location. And this is supposed to be for "safety." :rolleyes:

So, they're taking after TSA and making up different rules at each location. And this is supposed to be for "safety." :rolleyes:

I can’t answer as to what the actual directives are at individual local locations, as I don’t know the answer; I just know what I’ve observed at various places, and there are noticable variances in operation. But the CFR 1544 directive is interesting, as TSA does not have enforcement authority over DOD flights, charter or mil. So seeing the phrase “including military”, in that directive, I don’t know if TSA made a typo, or if that agency doesn’t know their own jurisdiction, or what. But it was DOD that brought the disconnect to light, regarding masks being recommended vice mandated on their flights, and being different from what is stated in the directive. I have not seen what the resolution is yet, if any thus far.

The Rulez regarding 121 supplemental troop carrying seem to be rather fungible, and that's being kind. Exhibit A: At the outset of Covid Fun Time, showing up in Misawa entirely unannounced because there was literally no way to get us there commercially and the card that said "Call the Japanese and let them know" must have fallen off the desk or something. So call in the clowns and cue up "Entry of the Gladiators" as my C/A who is 60, looks 70, stands about 6'4 and smokes two packs of Cowboy Killers a day argues with the Japanese customs guy who is maybe 24, looks 14, sometimes disappears from view because he's like 5'2, and answers every gruff, gravelly interjection with "yes, yes" by which he clearly means "no, no".

I actually didn’t. Go back and look at my post. No question was asked. And that’s why your replies come across as smart-assed.

I don’t think either of us have been civil in this exchange. But yes, another perfect example of how social media sucks.
You are correct. You said you didn’t know. I assumed you genuinely wanted to know. I offered the information without judgement. Your response is still rude and uncalled for. I am done.

One of my favorite masks (phrases I hope to purge someday) says “I believe in science.” I can’t wait till that sentiment is bipartisan again. We don’t give the CDC billions for no reason. I’m gonna just do my minimally trained monkey job of operating airplanes and hope Darwinism works faster.

- Thanks Abbott.... We need more like You!

Lol, people would actually want to sue to get their account reopened? :D

Talk about snowflakes. Just create a new account!

Also Section 230 is federal, I'm pretty sure that trumps a state law.

It will be interesting to see what happens at my shop. If you read the message board, everyone hired before about 1998 is going to retire to own the libz. I predict that 99% of them will wind up toeing the line whilst screaming bloody murder.

My observation (whilst doing volunteer work) is that the loudest are usually the first to give up and toe the line.

There will not be statistically significant numbers of people 'quitting' multi-million dollar careers over mandates. And if people do 'quit' or 'retire' it is because they were already 1/2 way out the door looking for an excuse to leave anyway.

Just my opinion.

It's a very simple reality, there's nowhere to go that won't eventually have the same requirements. Maybe some small, cottage industry self employed types can make a stand, but the big employers and those set into a career track are just going to have to fall in line. Like it or not, this is here to stay.

Back