United Airlines Not Playing Around on Vaccine Mandate

Oh hey, did you make that flight I looked at for you? Space enough to play Marco Polo for days on days on days.

I ended up taking the Alaska flight that left two hours earlier because we got in super early. It only had 38 people booked, so it worked out as well. But thanks for the loads on the SJI one. It was actually parked right next to the international transfer checkpoint, so if we'd been running late, it would have been a lifesaver.

Somebody I'll have to tell an in person story about having a pillow fight in the back of an Air Pacific (nee Fiji Airways) 747 coming back to LAX once.

I had to be vaccinated when I went to college 20 years ago, and many companies such as Delta have required it for a long time anyway. If you don’t like it, go work somewhere else.
Mandates at Delta. News to me. Current employees can pay a fee to stay non vaxed. They aren’t even charged that fee if they are not on dl insurance. New hires I’m told have to have it.

USPS exempt
Congress exempt
Medical and religious exemptions
Other groups trying to exempted
ALPA is fighting this too.

Mandates at Delta. News to me. Current employees can pay a fee to stay non vaxed. They aren’t even charged that fee if they are not on dl insurance. New hires I’m told have to have it.

USPS exempt
Congress exempt
Medical and religious exemptions
Other groups trying to exempted

Womp wompppp

Total waste of resources.

Soon every country we all fly to will require it. If you don’t like it, you’re welcome to go do something else.
I remember a lengthy list of vaccines required to be a demo pilot from my Cessna days. Also, pretty much everyone in the demo department was somewhat to the right of Rush Limbaugh. And fully vaccinated for international travel. Part of the job.

I remember a lengthy list of vaccines required to be a demo pilot from my Cessna days. Also, pretty much everyone in the demo department was somewhat to the right of Rush Limbaugh. And fully vaccinated for international travel. Part of the job.

Agreed.... However this current vaccine isnt technically a "vaccine". That is apparently were there is a disconnect...

Ahh. I missed the part where an injection designed to produce an immune response wasn’t a vaccine. I’m apparently too dumb to be a Trumper.

Nice jab below the belt.... Which is why corporate media only addresses the really stupid people in looking for counter arguments to something they are pushing very very very hard right now.

Nice jab below the belt.... Which is why corporate media only addresses the really stupid people in looking for counter arguments to something they are pushing very very very hard right now.
Dude, just stop. The vaccines are safe and effective and now one’s even fully FDA approved. Public health used to not be part of the partisan bickering. President Bush is where a lot of our preparations for the pandemic came from. I’m pretty salty because it’s going to be late November at the earliest before I even have a shot at getting my medical back thanks to our healthcare system being overwhelmed.

Not really. They are (at most properties) ensuring that all contractual provisions are being followed by the company, but other than APA and SWAPA's direct appeal that their pilots are special and should be exempt (not that the company can't mandate it), nobody is fighting it.

Remember, most places have a vaccination rate over 80%. So for every one pilot yelling "my freedoms", there are two pilots who don't care, and two pilots who are emailing the MEC asking why their dues dollars are being spent on even cursory contract enforcement on this.

Remember, most places have a vaccination rate over 80%. So for every one pilot yelling "my freedoms", there are two pilots who don't care, and two pilots who are emailing the MEC asking why their dues dollars are being spent on even cursory contract enforcement on this.

I sincerely hope that is correct, but I fear that - at least at my employer - the loudest voices are in the majority.

Hate to see the union empty the coffers fighting city hall. But at this point I have a really tough time mustering up any sympathy for pilots who are making a choice knowing full well what the consequences of that choice might be.

Last edited:
Hey if the vaccine is so damn important Why the exceptions for parts of Gov't?

"President Joe Biden's new vaccine mandates for federal employees don't apply to members of Congress or those who work for Congress or the federal court system." - Darragh Roche 9/10/2021 MSN/Newsweek

SNopes: TRUE

"President Joe Biden's new vaccine mandates for federal employees don't apply to members of Congress or those who work for Congress or the federal court system." - Darragh Roche 9/10/2021 MSN/Newsweek

Stop asking questions that can be answered by 3 seconds on google. The courts and congress are exempted from executive order because they are not part of the executive branch. He cannot issue executive orders for them.

You either didn't read the entire article, or you're trying to obfuscate the truth.

"The legislative and judicial branches are separate from the executive branch, and do not fall under this vaccine mandate. Biden also cannot mandate as president that all Americans get vaccinated. That is up to each state."

The separation of powers under the constitution literally prevents this from happening.

Back