United Airlines Fall 2022 Class

did they call or email you ?congrats :)
Thank you! Got a call from HR yesterday. Sounds like they have interviews for at least the days of July 13-15, not sure if there are more the following week. Interview is in Arlington Heights. United is covering the hotel, food reimbursement and Lyft/Uber charges as well! I was blown away, very generous and professional. I hope you all get one too!

Thank you! Got a call from HR yesterday. Sounds like they have interviews for at least the days of July 13-15, not sure if there are more the following week. Interview is in Arlington Heights. United is covering the hotel, food reimbursement and Lyft/Uber charges as well! I was blown away, very generous and professional. I hope you all get one too!
Good for United, very generous and gives a great first impression of the company to help out candidates like that. Good luck to you and everybody else with your interviews!

Oh you'll be paying eventually..kinda like taco bell...:bounce:

This is so great to hear. Congratulations and good luck!

It’s good to hear things like this, makes you feel more like a person and less like a cog.

For those of you who haven't gotten a call yet, has your profile changed to " you are no longer being considered for this position " ?

For those of you who have and haven’t gotten a call, has your profile/status been updated at all recently?

For those of you who have and haven’t gotten a call, has your profile/status been updated at all recently?
After setting up the f2f mine says “Updated July 5”. I had needed to call back a couple of days later to change the time, and was told there were still slots to choose from, that they had not filled in all the interviews spots yet. I don’t think they’re done calling people. Probably won’t be until maybe next week.

After setting up the f2f mine says “Updated July 5”. I had needed to call back a couple of days later to change the time, and was told there were still slots to choose from, that they had not filled in all the interviews spots yet. I don’t think they’re done calling people. Probably won’t be until maybe next week.
Thanks! Mine updated recently as well but I haven’t gotten the call. Hopefully no news is good news.

Unless they made a decision yesterday, I was told they're not sure they're doing a 2nd class yet... For sure they need at least 15 dxers Sept 7. If they hire 20 or more then possibly they would start in a later class, but nothing set in stone yet as of a couple days ago. I hope they do have more than 1 class because I got to sit with the UA dxers after the interview and apparently there is quite a bit of junior manning going on. Sounds like they def need more than 1 class. Also the training is taught at Bank of America building downtown Chicago (not Willis Tower), then can choose to work in Arlington Heights or Willis Tower, although eventually everyone will be at Arlington Heights so they strongly advise choosing that location.

Unless they made a decision yesterday, I was told they're not sure they're doing a 2nd class yet... For sure they need at least 15 dxers Sept 7. If they hire 20 or more then possibly they would start in a later class, but nothing set in stone yet as of a couple days ago. I hope they do have more than 1 class because I got to sit with the UA dxers after the interview and apparently there is quite a bit of junior manning going on. Sounds like they def need more than 1 class. Also the training is taught at Bank of America building downtown Chicago (not Willis Tower), then can choose to work in Arlington Heights or Willis Tower, although eventually everyone will be at Arlington Heights so they strongly advise choosing that location.

Personal recommendation if anyone gets an offer: I'd look for a place to live between downtown and Arlington Heights, perhaps near the airport. You might investigate the Rosemont area, since they have CTA access to downtown and the airport via the Blue Line. Arlington Heights likely won't be the final, long-term location, even if everyone does end up working there for a while, as it was designed to be a backup facility. What will be the final NOC location? Who knows! But I would guess it would be somewhere closer to the airport than Arlington Heights is.

I’ve always maintained that Kirby will want to build a brand new state of the art facility that is custom built to fit the needs of the operation. He was at AA when they built the new IOC so he knows that a brand new custom designed building hits different…

I’ve always maintained that Kirby will want to build a brand new state of the art facility that is custom built to fit the needs of the operation. He was at AA when they built the new IOC so he knows that a brand new custom designed building hits different…

If I remember correctly he was also in charge of the US Airways operations office and he built them out one of the better dispatch offices I have ever seen.

Any idea how many DX total at United before and after classesv?

I think we have about 400 right now. There is no way to tell how big the list will be, not just after this class but other classes that will be happening. I don't think its a secret that United is looking to grow. There is more opportunity to get a DX job here than there has ever been. Like I have said before, if you ever want to work for United there is no better time to apply than right now.

Back