United Airlines Fall 2022 Class

Is it better to work a random job at United first then try to get into Dispatch? or does it not matter like Delta with their ridiculous test you need to pass to move on and get looked at ...

Now that the job posting has been taken down, what are the usual next steps? Assessment? Interview? First born?
IIRC the flow is
1. Resume review
2. If selected, assessment invitation
3. If you pass that, recorded interview (hr type questions, video record answers)
4. If you pass that, panel interview.
5. If you pass that, profit?

Last edited:
IIRC the flow is
1. Resume review
2. If selected, assessment invitation
3. If you pass that, recorded interview (hr type questions, video record answers)
4. If you pass that, panel interview.
5. If you pass that, profit?

Sounds reasonable when compared to other places.

Good luck to everyone who applied.

Is it better to work a random job at United first then try to get into Dispatch? or does it not matter like Delta with their ridiculous test you need to pass to move on and get looked at ...

Internal employees have to go through the same interview and testing process as external, but most classes in the past 5 years have had at least 30% internal hires. There are pros and cons to the internal route, but it works out well for a lot of people. Make sure you get a job in the operation and stay sharp on dispatch knowledge so that you can pass the technical parts of the interview.

Internal employees have to go through the same interview and testing process as external, but most classes in the past 5 years have had at least 30% internal hires. There are pros and cons to the internal route, but it works out well for a lot of people. Make sure you get a job in the operation and stay sharp on dispatch knowledge so that you can pass the technical parts of the interview.
Well how do you get a job in the operation? I have applied for legit over 10 random jobs and still haven’t heard back … The only job I haven’t applied for with United is ramp for obvious reason. United seems impossible to even get anything… I have a few years of dispatching experience under my belt by the way and various airline experience outside of that.

Well how do you get a job in the operation? I have applied for legit over 10 random jobs and still haven’t heard back … The only job I haven’t applied for with United is ramp for obvious reason. United seems impossible to even get anything… I have a few years of dispatching experience under my belt by the way and various airline experience outside of that.

I started on the ramp, it's a good foot in the door although I understand not wanting to make that move having prior dispatch experience. My second job with United was as a pilot scheduler, that and inflight scheduler are the most common "entry level" jobs in the NOC.

I started on the ramp, it's a good foot in the door although I understand not wanting to make that move having prior dispatch experience. My second job with United was as a pilot scheduler, that and inflight scheduler are the most common "entry level" jobs in the NOC.
What you are saying make sense. If only it was that easy to even get those jobs in the NOC … crickets

Did time with company count at all towards where you start on the payscale as a dispatcher?

IL-CHI - Chicago - Non Airport Locations
Job PostingMay 3, 2022 – Job Number: WHQ00020189
Job Status: Active (Accepting Job Submissions)
Submission Status:
Completed
– Updated: May 5, 2022

not a thing for me

Back