United Airlines Fall 2022 Class

so this was my third time applying for dispatch... each and every time my status had not changed for months and i have never received a TBNT email from them.. my current status says accepting applications since May when i applied :bang:

so this was my third time applying for dispatch... each and every time my status had not changed for months and i have never received a TBNT email from them.. my current status says accepting applications since May when i applied :bang:
I've had the same experience with UA, this posting and others.

yup ... likewise. I also did other face to face video interviews for other positions in the NOC and still have not heard anything weeks after. All my submissions show active. Man what does it take to get a job at United lol

yup ... likewise. I also did other face to face video interviews for other positions in the NOC and still have not heard anything weeks after. All my submissions show active. Man what does it take to get a job at United lol
Unfortunately the "don't call us, we'll call you" has become all too common with job applications at companies in general. The rise of Internet and online job applications means that companies that may have gotten a few dozen candidates now get a few hundred and I would bet United got over 500 applications for this class. It's almost impossible to respond to individual candidates so they just wait until the class is filled and started and just send out a mass "thanks for applying" email. That's just the nature of the current job market.

…although eventually everyone will be at Arlington Heights so they strongly advise choosing that location.

This is far from certain - but in any case, I’d pick the location you think you’d enjoy working at the most. If a move to a single location does occur at some point down the road you’ll have plenty of time to prepare…it will not be an overnight thing.

This is far from certain - but in any case, I’d pick the location you think you’d enjoy working at the most. If a move to a single location does occur at some point down the road you’ll have plenty of time to prepare…it will not be an overnight thing.
The reason I said this was when I was in the f2f interview they were extremely adamant that they will indeed be combining into a single location at AH. The senior manager leaned forward with his hand on the table and emphatically said “I strongly advise picking Arlington Heights as this will be where everyone WILL BE located in 1-2 years. You also don’t want to have to worry about picking a place to live that may end up too far or in an inconvenient spot to where we all end up.” But yes he said we could choose… Personally I’ve had to move many, many times already for work in the past and I’m tired of it. Even if I got to work in Willis Tower for a couple of years, I just don’t desire having to move again out to AH, so I would rather just start there if that’s where the main NOC will eventually be. I appreciated knowing this feedback, but again to each their own. Plus after talking to some of the UA dxers and hearing about the rising crime downtown, dxers being carjacked, mugged and more I think I’m ok on Willis Tower myself. Just a personal preference.

Last edited:
Someone I know just got called for an interview yesterday. So don't give up hope if you haven't heard anything yet.

someone got called for the interview for UA yesterday? You sure? That doesn’t sound right to me. They have their last interview on Aug 4th which was scheduled weeks ago. You might want to check with your source again

The reason I said this was when I was in the f2f interview they were extremely adamant that they will indeed be combining into a single location at AH. The senior manager leaned forward with his hand on the table and emphatically said “I strongly advise picking Arlington Heights as this will be where everyone WILL BE located in 1-2 years. You also don’t want to have to worry about picking a place to live that may end up too far or in an inconvenient spot to where we all end up.” But yes he said we could choose… Personally I’ve had to move many, many times already for work in the past and I’m tired of it. Even if I got to work in Willis Tower for a couple of years, I just don’t desire having to move again out to AH, so I would rather just start there if that’s where the main NOC will eventually be. I appreciated knowing this feedback, but again to each their own. Plus after talking to some of the UA dxers and hearing about the rising crime downtown, dxers being carjacked, mugged and more I think I’m ok on Willis Tower myself. Just a personal preference.

Work wherever you prefer, definitely! However - while I don’t know what they are saying during the interviews, I *strongly* doubt that AH is where the main NOC will eventually be.

There's no issue whatsoever in picking the location that works better for you. But as was said above, I wouldn't necessarily count on Arlington Heights being the primary NOC going forward. What's true one week is not necessarily true the next. A few weeks ago it seemed like the NOC would be split for the foreseeable future, then it sounded as if we'd all be moving to AH relatively quickly (that's probably when you interviewed), and now it's uncertain again. Long story short, I wouldn't base housing or quality of life decisions on any one location until a concrete announcement is made. The deck chairs have been shuffled several times in the upper management/exec levels recently, and with it has come several changes in NOC location philosophy. Who knows, tomorrow they'll announce that everyone's moving back to Willis, and then next week the rumor will be that we're opening a new NOC in Tajikistan.

Who knows, tomorrow they'll announce that everyone's moving back to Willis, and then next week the rumor will be that we're opening a new NOC in Tajikistan.

I heard it was Uzbekistan!

Seriously, there WAS a rumor that there UA would have split ops with one NOC in the Chicago area and one in another part of the country, but that seems to have gone away - for now, at least. As with many things in the aviation industry - right now, the only constant is change.

I heard it was Uzbekistan!

Seriously, there WAS a rumor that there UA would have split ops with one NOC in the Chicago area and one in another part of the country, but that seems to have gone away - for now, at least. As with many things in the aviation industry - right now, the only constant is change.

You’re both definitely right there, constant change! I interviewed in mid July so by now who knows. I was actually hoping for that ORD/DEN split as Colorado is home, but wasn’t holding my breath lol.

On a different topic, I do hope for all the new hire’s sakes whoever they offer the job to will be sooner than later… A September 7th start is a tight squeeze to relocate if they’re still doing interviews till at least Aug 4th, and I now hear they may not be making offers until the 2nd week of August?

You’re both definitely right there, constant change! I interviewed in mid July so by now who knows. I was actually hoping for that ORD/DEN split as Colorado is home, but wasn’t holding my breath lol.

On a different topic, I do hope for all the new hire’s sakes whoever they offer the job to will be sooner than later… A September 7th start is a tight squeeze to relocate if they’re still doing interviews till at least Aug 4th, and I now hear they may not be making offers until the 2nd week of August?

It’s either first week of Aug i.e 5th or 8th the latest they will start offering

Back