Uniforms

MH shirts are terrible. The stitching around the buttons came loose on 2 of my shirts within a month of limited use, making it difficult to unbutton them. Eventually, I just ripped it out, and now they don't stay buttoned.

We just switched from A cut above shirts and twinhill for pants to crew outfitters for everything. Not a fan. The “fitted” shirt would fit great if I had some gigantic boobs and the pants are too tight that I feel like I’m going to Incredible Hulk right out of them. The neck and waist fit perfectly, it’s just the cut of the material that sucks.
When I first got hired I'd gained quite a bit of weight and at least twice had bent over to tie my shoe or pick something up and heard a "pop" as the ass literally blew out of my pants. I lived in terror for a few months that this would happen at work, til I finally became less fat.

Because many pilots are fluffy. SO FLUFFY!
With those particular shirts you look at them and wonder which way your beautiful torso goes, because it can fit through either of the three openings. Then you put it on, lower your arms - but the sleeves stay up, as they are ginormous. Eventually you figure a way to not look ridiculous from any angle but the back, because the back is where the folded wings sleeves rest.
And the longsleeve shirt has the Michelin man arms. Yet the blazer sleeves are short and narrow. Go figure. I abandoned all hope to make a sense of any of this. Fully expecting the mainline and WO to look like it's an every man for himself uniform situation.

I generally have most of my items tailored by an old Czech seamstress who is a mix between being detail-oriented and OCD, which is a perfect blend.

But you can fit a leg-sized biceps through the short sleeves...

Wearing short sleeves is ridiculous, anyway, if you’re wearing the blazer. Only rubes wear short sleeves with jackets.

Cue the haters who claim that all pilots who wear long sleeved shirts are dooshes.

Wearing short sleeves is ridiculous, anyway, if you’re wearing the blazer. Only rubes wear short sleeves with jackets.

Cue the haters who claim that all pilots who wear long sleeved shirts are dooshes.

Unless the FOM forbids the wearing of long sleeve shirts with the coat. Like ours does.

It is, from a suit of business perspective. From convenience perspective though, as long as you are reasonably within the borders of the FOM, who cares.
Sleeve length isn't discernible as you stroll along the terminal in your blazer.

PS C'mon man, it's "•", not "doosh" ;)
PPS Aaaahhhh, I see why you did that, my bad

This is the kind of thing I hate agreeing with you on - if you can't see a bit of the shirt cuff under the blazer there's something off. It's a presentation/fashion thing.

Eventually we'll convince you that pleats are wrong, too, but at least we have this common ground. :)

This is the kind of thing I hate agreeing with you on - if you can't see a bit of the shirt cuff under the blazer there's something off. It's a presentation/fashion thing.

Eventually we'll convince you that pleats are wrong, too, but at least we have this common ground. :)

With a business suit I'm in complete agreement, 1/4-1/2" shirt cuff should be visible with a jacket. But in uniform .... ehh, that's not the same look. Cuffs showing with stripes on the sleeve would just look "off" imo.

...you guys do realize that literally no one except you cares right?
Yeah... You've got something better to bitch about? The Kavo... Kava... Whatever his face is that everyone keeps talking about is boring, exo-moon discovery is ok, but we kinda imagined there are moons out there before this, and US-China comparative phallometry by the disputed islands hasn't reached the level requiring discussion just yet.
So there you have it.

That reminds me. The legs are super wide on the pants, so it feels like you're wearing bell bottoms. I can almost hear "Stayin alive" playing as I strut through the terminal.

What's hilarious is that there is a growing percentage of the website that literally have no idea what you're joking about! :) Ha!

In fact, additionally, I'm running into more and more copilots that literally have never seen Top Gun.

Short sleeves with a tie was the absolute most weird thing to get used to. I feel like a low-level engineer at a 1980's defense contractor when I wear the summer uniform.

Short sleeves with a tie was the absolute most weird thing to get used to. I feel like a low-level engineer at a 1980's defense contractor when I wear the summer uniform.

Add one of these bad boys and you're all set!

21-NctruUvL.jpg

Back