M&H Uniforms Issues

When I was a new hire at CHQ, I remember taking an hour or two out of our day from Indoc. to meet with the M&H rep. to be measured for our uniforms. I remember being fairly impressed with the detailed measurements he was noting...it was going to be a perfectly fitting new suit!

Boy was I wrong. I was one of the fortunate ones who was shipped uniforms that were usable out of the box. THe pant size though was 33 when I was clearly a 34 (and 34 had been noted)...I didn't realize this until a month ago when I bought my first non M&H set of uniforms. I assumed the entire time that I just put on weight!

At least half the class were shipped pants that were'nt hemmed...pant legs that were 50+ inches long. They were told to take time from their day to go get them fixed and then be re-imbursed.

Just before I left CHQ, I ordered a new set of uniforms and used up the remainder of my uniform allowance (at least it cost me nothing). The uniforms I received were terrible quality. The shirts in particular. The material was inexplicably different from the first shirts I ordered, and despite ordering the same size, they were all clearly more baggy and larger (collar remained same size though). They were OK though....for about 3 months. One shirt had the eppaulette button pop out. No big deal. Another shirt though had a record number of buttons fall out....5! and when the stitching to the pocket started to unravel, it was time to throw away. This was just after a couple of months of relatively light use.

Speaking of trench coats. . .anyone have any recommendations for wool coats?

Macy's has a Calvin Klien coat, haven't had a chance to look at Gap or Banana Republic or JC Penny's or any other assorted department stores yet. . .figured I'd ask around before I go and waste my gas as well.

I got mine last year from GAP. Nice looking coat that you can wear over your blazer or just with jeans when you are out on an overnight. Didn't cost more than $150 bucks.

Back