Uniforms

I've always found the whole pretending to be a cowboy thing weird. I know it's a whole "I want to appear to be a stoic tough guy." But why don't people imitate other vacations with favorable attributes.

"Are you a doctor?"
"No, I just want to look smart so I'm wearing a stethoscope, white coat, and comfortable shoes."

Cosplay.

Like when people see Sam Elliott:

186175fa73d93b8bf12713b4ead0720f.jpg

They think of salt-of-the-earth Oklahoma/Texas/wherever cowboy. Meanwhile, he's from California and lets just say you'd never catch him at a Trump rally.

While long sleeves aren’t a 100% predictor of DB quotient, it is accurate often enough. Like a King Snake and a Coral Snake, I’m not going to hang around counting stripes to make sure, and I just assume worst case.

I get the cheapo tapered VHes for me. With enough of them and taking them to the cleaners, it makes for a low drag option. Expand-o-waist dad pants and cheapo shoes round out my “value minded” package.

BTW, if you have cheapo shoes and the “leather” starts to flake, you can touch them up with a sharpie and some Elmer’s glue.

You…. have a uniform? :)

I've always found the whole pretending to be a cowboy thing weird. I know it's a whole "I want to appear to be a stoic tough guy."

There is a big difference between wearing a basic roper boot vs going full "urban cowboy".

I've worn boots all my life. I rode horses and worked in a stable for one summer in HS. There were so many bored barrel racing ponies that I had to exercise that I got pretty good at that "girls" sport.

However I certainly don't consider myself a "real cowboy" either in the working on an actual ranch or in rodeo sense. I don't dress like one either, it just feels like posing if I did.

Back