Uniforms

What's hilarious is that there is a growing percentage of the website that literally have no idea what you're joking about! :) Ha!

In fact, additionally, I'm running into more and more copilots that literally have never seen Top Gun.

I had two litmus tests for new FO's to determine how much we had in common; their understanding of Top Gun quotes, and where they were on September 11th.

I started hearing answers like first grade to the second question, and accepted the only thing I'd say that they understand was, "Hold it off a little longer, look at the end of the runway, end of the runway, end of the runway" and "GET OFF MY LAWN."

Short sleeves with a tie was the absolute most weird thing to get used to. I feel like a low-level engineer at a 1980's defense contractor when I wear the summer uniform.

Come get some sleeve tattoos with me next year and we can both wear the winter uniform all year long!

Short sleeves with a tie was the absolute most weird thing to get used to. I feel like a low-level engineer at a 1980's defense contractor when I wear the summer uniform.
michael-douglas-falling-down-1993-BPE77T.jpg

https://c7.alamy.com/comp/BPE77T/michael-douglas-falling-down-1993-BPE77T.jpg

Twin hill pants were ok. The shirts are garbage though. For the past year I've been wearing the th pants with cut above slim fit shirts so I don't look like an idiot in those overly baggy th shirts. Don't even get me started on M&H. Those size 34 pants fit me like size 30s...as in they don't fit.

Come get some sleeve tattoos with me next year and we can both wear the winter uniform all year long!

Ha! My very existence is punk rock enough already.

"I can't believe you're still wearing your blazer!"

"Well, it's 38F, I'm cold and do you really think I give a sh— about fitting in after 40-plus years of NEVER fitting in… you know what I'm getting at"

*An actual conversation I had with some rando pilot in line at Starbucks earlier this year a week after mandatory wear was over.

In my indoc class (fairly recent) we had a couple instructors that kept making ”Airplane” references, about a quarter of the class didn’t understand them.

I think it's generational.

When I was a kid, we watched literally everything. But it feels that a lot of parents shield their children from anything other than "Word World" and "Veggie Tales".

Yeah yeah GET OFF MY LAWN YOU PESKY KIDS!

Looking back, that tie was on point.

At the time, I thought that movie was utterly amazing and that D-FENS was a hero.

I grew up, though. It took a while. And now, if I saw it, I'd think, "Florida Documentary."

When I first got hired I'd gained quite a bit of weight and at least twice had bent over to tie my shoe or pick something up and heard a "pop" as the ass literally blew out of my pants. I lived in terror for a few months that this would happen at work, til I finally became less fat.

Reason #2 to always wear underwear at work

*starts digging for MDouglas pic*

Ah hell, you beat me to it

Unless the FOM forbids the wearing of long sleeve shirts with the coat. Like ours does.

That’s just weird, and sartorially backwards.

This is the kind of thing I hate agreeing with you on - if you can't see a bit of the shirt cuff under the blazer there's something off. It's a presentation/fashion thing.

Eventually we'll convince you that pleats are wrong, too, but at least we have this common ground. :)

These days all of my trousers are bespoke, and I still tell my tailor to make them all with forward pleats. You’re not converting me on this one. :) I present to you:

A0B4E913-1408-4283-B1ED-AE2831FB1242.jpeg

Checkmate. :)

It’s the Dilbert look.

That’s just weird, and sartorially backwards.

These days all of my trousers are bespoke, and I still tell my tailor to make them all with forward pleats. You’re not converting me on this one. :) I present to you:

View attachment 45168

Checkmate. :)

It’s the Dilbert look.

Bankster pants!

Or Mc Hammer.

uniform_shirt.png

I'm like, "Yo, that's 50 dollars for a t-shirt."

Limited edition, let's do some simple addition

50 dollars for a t-shirt, that's just some ignorant b***h

I call that getting-swindled-and-pimped

I call that getting tricked by business

That shirt's hella dough

uniform_shirt.png

I'm like, "Yo, that's 50 dollars for a t-shirt."

Limited edition, let's do some simple addition

50 dollars for a t-shirt, that's just some ignorant b***h

I call that getting-swindled-and-pimped

I call that getting tricked by business

That shirt's hella dough
Is that whitepilotshirts.com?
I've got five or six grey neck size 17, never worn, in my closet. Got my name stitched on the inside though.

Back