UND Aerospace Camp

I am guessing UND does like those museum gift shop schemes for the aerospace camp kids. Before entering your room, you have to pass by a huge UND apparel sale exclusively for you (supposedly).

Most kids probably come home with a suitcase filled with UND aerospace shirts. I WILL NOT!!!

Seriously, who pays 70$ for a polo shirt??? :crazy:

I am guessing UND does like those museum gift shop schemes for the aerospace camp kids. Before entering your room, you have to pass by a huge UND apparel sale exclusively for you (supposedly).

Most kids probably come home with a suitcase filled with UND aerospace shirts. I WILL NOT!!!

Seriously, who pays 70$ for a polo shirt??? :crazy:

When I did the camp, you had to find the shop on your own if you wanted a shirt. Polos really aren't $70. You might pay 50 if you go to the Ralph or the bookstore to get a UND one, but aerospace ones are around 30 I believe.

That is actually surprising. I would think that they would want to make a lot of money on selling stuff to kids who fall on salesman tactics. Good to know they aren't trying to make you buy stuff like other programs do.

$50 for a freakin' Polot shirt that says UND Aerospace? They used to be a lot cheaper. Just don't forget to wear it when you are flying home for break, so everyone at GFK/MSP airport can identify you as a UND Aerospace student.

Buy a Sioux Hockey Jersey instead!

$50 for a freakin' Polot shirt that says UND Aerospace? They used to be a lot cheaper. Just don't forget to wear it when you are flying home for break, so everyone at GFK/MSP airport can identify you as a UND Aerospace student.

Buy a Sioux Hockey Jersey instead!

I do prefer a MN Wild jersey or even better the #28 Vikings jersey! :D

But since I need to show my college pride, how much do those cost?

I do prefer a MN Wild jersey or even better the #28 Vikings jersey! :D

But since I need to show my college pride, how much do those cost?

I think they are around $70. I don't know for sure since I have never paid full price. Got a 15% discount for being a UND student and now I get a 25% discount for working at the Ralph.

Discounts are great! :D (Even the 20% at the Aerospace store for instructing is nice, although it is still overpriced)

i used my "welcome to UND shirt" to clean the rims on my car.

never owned any piece of UND apparel or logo merchandise.

I just graduated from UND with a Degree in Commercial Aviation. And am a flight instructor for UND. I trained outside of UND up to my commercial license and then transferred up here and had to do a whole lot of recurrent training here before being able to continue on to the program. Graduating in 3 years without summer school and a year of generals at home it is a great program and I have no regrets. There are good and bad sides to doing a degree in aviation. The truth of the matter is no employer cares much about the degree, it is the fact that you have a degree, have gained experience in the field in which you wish to work and are a good hearted individual. Don't let the bitter old guys try to drive you away, yes a aviation management degree is the best I believe, but do what you want and what makes you happy it is your college experience and you will be the one doing all of the work so choose wisely. I worked in the admissions offices for the Aerospace department and have answered questions from all over and helped students during the Aerospace camps as well as other events we put on during the year.

Currently a CFI up here it is not bad, very easy to make a good living and enjoy life trust me. Any other questions just ask.

i used my "welcome to UND shirt" to clean the rims on my car.

never owned any piece of UND apparel or logo merchandise.
That's actually really funny. I never touched that UND shirt until the day I had to wipe off a small coolant leak in my car, no joke.

This is off topic, but I really didn't want to start a new thread. Is it possible to fly 4 times a week instead of 3? I'm going to try hard to finish the private in one semester.

This is off topic, but I really didn't want to start a new thread. Is it possible to fly 4 times a week instead of 3? I'm going to try hard to finish the private in one semester.

Lots of people do it in a semester... I think COA787 is working hard to get his done pretty quick this summer... It's very doable.

Lots of people do it in a semester... I think COA787 is working hard to get his done pretty quick this summer... It's very doable.

Sure am.

Some of my friends have flown for six days straight. I can barely fly more than two in a row, but that's because the weather in the morning sucks when I have to fly and my instructor is a senior, taking classes during the summer, so I'm limited to flying only in the mornings. All I can say is never trust a TAF and, like Jake said, it is more than doable.

Don't be afraid to push your instructor. Keep suggesting times outside of your flight lab ("hey, are you able to do lesson nine on Thursday afternoon?"). Eventually they'll realize that you're going to finish on time one way or another, but it's up to you to keep a steady pace.

It really depends on how busy your instructor is and how many other students they have.

Normally if you tell your instructor you want to fly 4 days he can deff try to fit you in (and they normally can do it). Also it is possible to fly with a different instructor too if your instructor finds someone for you. I like to fly with different instructors sometimes because you can learn different techniques from each different instructor and pick the one that works best for you.

If your instructor is not willing to fly with you 4 days a week or he won't find anyone who can fly with you.. you might just have to talk to a lead instructor.

It really depends on how busy your instructor is and how many other students they have.

Normally if you tell your instructor you want to fly 4 days he can deff try to fit you in (and they normally can do it). Also it is possible to fly with a different instructor too if your instructor finds someone for you. I like to fly with different instructors sometimes because you can learn different techniques from each different instructor and pick the one that works best for you.

If your instructor is not willing to fly with you 4 days a week or he won't find anyone who can fly with you.. you might just have to talk to a lead instructor.

It has never taken me more than 1 semester to finish a flight course. If you have the funds, it is more than attainable. Keep pushing your instructor to fly at any time you can, even if it means launching at 0630. Stay positive, have fun, and get it done.

This guy will soon figure out he is a rolling cock block.

Attachments

• IMG_0227.jpg
    IMG_0227.jpg
    165.7 KB · Views: 170
Back