UAL pilot gets revenge on the employee lot gate in Denver.

arkflyr

I totally get it, Denver changed the parking lot access from our airport badges to expresstoll tags and it hasn’t been working out for some. I haven’t had too much trouble but several times it wouldn’t recognize my tags and I had to call the office with various amounts of interrogations and delay.

I totally get it, Denver changed the parking lot access from our airport badges to expresstoll tags and it hasn’t been working out for some. I haven’t had too much trouble but several times it wouldn’t recognize my tags and I had to call the office with various amounts of interrogations and delay.

Long sleeves: check, phone holster:check.
Yup, the story checks out.

That website is painful. Pop ups, ads, auto play videos…. Can we get that guy to swing an axe and eliminate those nuisances ?

"Nearly two dozen whacks," also known as half a Lizzie Borden.

And oh my god do I love the comedic timing of that arm. Dude was all whanging on it, then it finally raises on its own, he retreats in a draw, and only THEN, once it's fully raised, does it fall-apart. It didn't miss falling on him by much, either.

Anyway, yeah, pilots who have invested their whole career to get where they are and frequently live by irregular hours away from home and family for decades definitely should never be diagnosed and treated for any mental health issues. Carry on, FAA Aeromedical.

Wow! Dude clearly has some issues, among them why does he have an axe in his car?!

However, I will say I felt like ramming the damn crossing arm in the DEN employee lot a few weeks ago myself. I recently went through the somewhat arduous process of changing everything over to the new system, and it hasn’t been without issues which is pretty typical for DEN.

After a two week Asia trip and deadheading for 30+ hours, I just wanted to go home. I got to the exit and it didn’t let me out. Cars quickly piled up behind me, and there was no clear way to call for help. I finally did find a “call” button, at which point they let me through and said I was fine, they were just having some issues with the new system still.

Yikes.

United Airlines pilot charged in bizarre ax attack​

Brian Maass
Thu, August 17, 2023 at 5:28 PM PDT·2 min read

A United Airlines pilot has been charged in a bizarre ax attack earlier this month in which he savaged a parking arm at a Denver International Airport employee parking lot, causing an estimated $700 in damage. Police say the pilot, Kenneth Henderson Jones, told them "He just hit his breaking point."

c18d3c0ab53087fa3624004ca8f862a3

Video of the incident on on Aug. 2 obtained by CBS News Colorado showed the 63-year-old pilot armed with a full-sized ax. In the video, he chops at the parking arm at the exit gate of an employee parking lot 23 times until he knocked the parking arm off its base. After that, Jones scuffles at length a few minutes later with an airport employee who saw what happened and tried to take the ax away from the pilot. The pilot only surrenders the ax after a second Denver International Airport employee intervenes and helps wrestle it away. Airport administrators described it as a "physical struggle" with no injuries.

Adams County authorities have charged Jones with misdemeanor criminal mischief. He is scheduled to appear in court in Adams County Court on Sept. 25 for an arraignment.

Jones has not responded to numerous inquiries from CBS News Colorado made by phone, email and text message. Russel Carlton, Corporate Communications Manager for United, said, "He was removed from the schedule and is on leave while United conducts an internal investigation." Carlton did not offer further comment or details.

Federal records show Jones is rated to fly large jets like the 767 and 757.

While Jones has not responded to messages, Adams County Sheriff's deputies say Jones told them, "He just hit his breaking point."

According to a police report, Jones also said he was trying to leave but he estimated there were six cars in line at each of the three exit gates. Airport administrators said there have been issues with the lot as people don't have proper permits. Deputies say Jones told them he "was trying to get rid of issues for everyone waiting."

Videotape from airport cameras shows police officers assigned to the airport apprehend Jones in a nearby field and put him in handcuffs. The same video shows Jones later talking to police and being released from their custody and driving away.

Records show Jones has no previous arrests in Colorado.

1692337877687.jpeg

1692337898188.jpeg

Maybe he just wanted to axe him, “is that stop bar not working today?”

;)

This one time, we flew this cross country, culminating in a night in Reno, followed by a magazine photo shoot for combat aircraft magazine the next day. For multiple reasons, it was one of the most annoying flights I've had (though I did make it onto the cover for our feature), and I was pretty pissed by the time we landed in Fallon. Sunday, so field was closed, and my WSO (who does the ATC comms in a 2 seat navy jet), kept making CTAF calls and saying we were landing on a different runway than we were (31 vs 13). Needless to say, I was just grumpy pants by the time we got parked. I then am lugging all my gear and my personal duffel bag a long a** way from the flight line to where the rental cars were waiting. Some dumb a** had placed a row of traffic cones blocking the exit from the most direct exit from the hangar, and then attached a line of caution tape to that. My old skipper who was walking behind me, still makes fun of me to this day for what happened......which was an adult temper tantrum, where I threw my bags down to the ground, and proceeded to kicked over all the cones. There was no apparent reason for the cones. Just navy people being dumb navy people.

Also, why do pilots wear such dumb looking shoes? I'd say 60-70% of guys just look frumpy AF, and a lot of it is the shoes. Also, whoa, did not initially notice the long sleeves, but I do now. The only normal person I know who flies with long sleeves, does so because he has sleeves of tatts underneath.

Also, why do pilots wear such dumb looking shoes? I'd say 60-70% of guys just look frumpy AF, and a lot of it is the shoes. Also, whoa, did not initially notice the long sleeves, but I do now. The only normal person I know who flies with long sleeves, does so because he has sleeves of tatts underneath.
I have switched to boots. Makes life so much easier. But now I take them off in flight and put on loafers and sweatpants.

Back