UAL pilot gets revenge on the employee lot gate in Denver.

I'll confess to *wanting* to do something like that with a parking gate or other obstruction numerous times in my life.

But I am a grown-up, mature, functioning member of society.

IMG_8500.jpeg

Wow! Dude clearly has some issues, among them why does he have an axe in his car?!

However, I will say I felt like ramming the damn crossing arm in the DEN employee lot a few weeks ago myself. I recently went through the somewhat arduous process of changing everything over to the new system, and it hasn’t been without issues which is pretty typical for DEN.

After a two week Asia trip and deadheading for 30+ hours, I just wanted to go home. I got to the exit and it didn’t let me out. Cars quickly piled up behind me, and there was no clear way to call for help. I finally did find a “call” button, at which point they let me through and said I was fine, they were just having some issues with the new system still.
Happened to me and the other two lanes getting out the other night as well at midnight. Rang the call button and she asked for my badge number which I had recenlty removed from my badge collection since we apparently don't need it anymore. Then asked for my long arse ExpressToll number which I laughed at.

Typical DEN stuff, short sighted planning and failure to execute a plan properly. While axe murdering the gate was clearly wrong, he just took out decades of frustration with DEN oriented decision making and made us all feel a little better.

Think I'm going to just pay for covered parking finally and say adios to the employee parking lots.
If it wasn’t for airside being so much more convenient I’d be at Fine with all the other high rollers. My old Jetta doesn’t mind being parked outside.

Yikes! Between this and the IAH CA (I assume) who posted her disciplinary letter reprimanding her because of her homophobic social media remarks they’re ending the week on a strong note over there.

Let just say, it’s a good thing I don‘t keep an ax in my car…

I live on a pretty long driveway and road that gets blocked by trees. I’ve been known to carry all my trail tools including the chainsaw…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Somebody’s angling for an early “medical retirement”!

I could have sworn I heard a chorus of “Hallelujah!” from the direction of DEN yesterday. Probably a bunch of DEN FOs…

Back