UAL Mil Pilot Program

Active Duty gets sensitive about guys being active in trying to do stuff still within the military (go Officer, go guard, switch services, etc).

They gave guys a local reprimand for putting up RTP info at Rucker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For the record, I have no issue with them posting events/flyers/whatever, just like they do for all our maintainers. But using your base access as an unaffiliated reservist/retiree to bring your hiring team into an active duty squadron that you aren’t a part of, without an invitation, is probably poor form. I cruised with this guy (he was in the prowler squadron), and he was a good dude, I imagine he was just trying to hook his younger brothers and sisters up, so no shade being cast, but probably a dumb idea.

For the record, I have no issue with them posting events/flyers/whatever, just like they do for all our maintainers. But using your base access as an unaffiliated reservist/retiree to bring your hiring team into an active duty squadron that you aren’t a part of, without an invitation, is probably poor form. I cruised with this guy (he was in the prowler squadron), and he was a good dude, I imagine he was just trying to hook his younger brothers and sisters up, so no shade being cast, but probably a dumb idea.

It’s funny when the military chooses to have a problem with that kind of stuff and when it’s full sanctioned by people that should know better.

I get far more upset at the numbskulls they bring in to parade “financial opportunities” as part of mandatory post in processing. Like hey impressionable 19 year old at your first duty station… I’m retired E8 so and so…. let me tell you about the best local credit union to help you get started.

It’s funny when the military chooses to have a problem with that kind of stuff and when it’s full sanctioned by people that should know better.

I get far more upset at the numbskulls they bring in to parade “financial opportunities” as part of mandatory post in processing. Like hey impressionable 19 year old at your first duty station… I’m retired E8 so and so…. let me tell you about the best local credit union to help you get started.

Well this much is 100% spot on. “First Financial” anyone.......?

Well this much is 100% spot on. “First Financial” anyone.......?

My university did the same thing.

First day student orientation… oh look Huntington bank is here to talk about their debit card which allows a 200 dollar overdraft before it shuts its self off and a 15 dollar penalty for that overdraft on top of it.

It is odd that the program is only for active duty greater than 6 months from separation. Yet reserve mil (such as full time reservists) have to apply through the regular process. Not sure why active duty-only would have their “wings be their credential”, which is Soku’s valid question. Am mildly curious myself what the HR logic is.

It is odd that the program is only for active duty greater than 6 months from separation. Yet reserve mil (such as full time reservists) have to apply through the regular process. Not sure why active duty-only would have their “wings be their credential”, which is Soku’s valid question. Am mildly curious myself what the HR logic is.

Basically my question but you articulated it in a manner that I could not.

Basically my question but you articulated it in a manner that I could not.

My best guess would be someone determined that active duty pilots with more than six months left are a large untapped group of potential hires and wanted to find a way to get that group.

We have 16,000 pilots and they want 28,000 by 2030. They want to snatch every qualified pilot they can. And if we can get them from another legacy or get them before another legacy, all the better.

We have 16,000 pilots and they want 28,000 by 2030. They want to snatch every qualified pilot they can. And if we can get them from another legacy or get them before another legacy, all the better.

AI will solve that problem

I think it’s a way to start a conversation 1-2 years away from a class date. It’s a soft commit and HR isn’t a slave to a six month recruiting cycle. It gives O-3’s and O-4’s a chance to plan their escape from active duty to their best advantage.

Last edited:
Back