UAL Mil Pilot Program

MikeD

Administrator
Staff member
How is this new program working out. Military wings are your credential, no hours requirement and no ATP required? For those still on active duty with more than 6 mos left, can get a CJO.

I seem to vaguely remember nearly 30 years ago, the airlines tried to get some kind of a “flow” style program agreement with the military, but it never came to fruition.

Does CJO mean no interview?

I’m not sure how this program works. Seems to only be for mil pilots on active duty, not for those flying in the Reserves. I don’t know the details, it was just interesting to see.

I’m not sure how this program works. Seems to only be for mil pilots on active duty, not for those flying in the Reserves. I don’t know the details, it was just interesting to see.
If what you say is true who's going to teach active duty pilots, why would any self respecting active duty military pilot go to the reserves or the guard? The guy that just learned this 4 years ago is a grizzled veteran instructor?

It sounds like United is playing the long game of getting guys to sign for them early and keep them flowing toward that outcome while they are waiting for their service requirement to end.

Smart decision honestly.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Don’t have to have an ATP to get hired but you have to get it before you show up for class. Outside of that, I’m not very familiar.

I do know that a guy who used to be active duty in my time, and now flies for XYZ, tried to enter our hangar with recruiters and pamphlets for his major. It did not end well when he was met by our active duty CO/XO and told to GTFO, and not nicely. I have to wonder what world he thought he was in, when he decided that would be a good play.

I do know that a guy who used to be active duty in my time, and now flies for XYZ, tried to enter our hangar with recruiters and pamphlets for his major. It did not end well when he was met by our active duty CO/XO and told to GTFO, and not nicely. I have to wonder what world he thought he was in, when he decided that would be a good play.

IMG_4589.jpeg

My carrier has had a similar program in effect for a while. But people who I’m not going to name thought it was dumb to talk about it publicly. Which I didn’t agree with.

My carrier has had a similar program in effect for a while. But people who I’m not going to name thought it was dumb to talk about it publicly. Which I didn’t agree with.

If it’s not talked about publicly, how does it get to be known? Just word of mouth?

For the civies can you ELI5?

How is this new program working out. Military wings are your credential, no hours requirement and no ATP required? For those still on active duty with more than 6 mos left, can get a CJO.

I seem to vaguely remember nearly 30 years ago, the airlines tried to get some kind of a “flow” style program agreement with the military, but it never came to fruition.

Funny how times change . My cousin was a USCG C-130 guy and a USCG academy grad in the early 90's tried to get on at UAL couldn't get an interview. But they were hiring minorities with 500 hrs no turbine time. He went to Alaska and retired this year had enough of it.

I had to look that term up haha

Very simple answer, the military leadership are not super enthused by the efforts of airlines to further poach our active aviator ranks. This particular scenario was probably borderline illegal to boot, and very bad head work at a minimum.

Active Duty gets sensitive about guys being active in trying to do stuff still within the military (go Officer, go guard, switch services, etc).

They gave guys a local reprimand for putting up RTP info at Rucker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back