Two Lockheed Electra crashes in as many days.

I found that in my teens/early 20s, I was quick to wish harm on those who I disagreed with. I’m not proud of it, but glad I grew out of it as I matured into my late 20s and into my 30s.

Now, in my 40s, I realize I should have reserved that hatred for those who intentionally harm others - particularly those who do so not out of neglect or carelessness, but for personal benefit.

The best I will offer those souls is the hope that their organs can be harvested. Which is why my thoughts go out to exactly two-thirds of the GA crash victims.

There's a great book about the early Electra crashes titled the Electra Story by Robert Serling

Maybe I'm the first one to ask.... How does he have an Electra? He's no Mr. Beast, there's no way he's pulling that kind of cash from a YouTube channel.

Maybe I'm the first one to ask.... How does he have an Electra? He's no Mr. Beast, there's no way he's pulling that kind of cash from a YouTube channel.
Is a 12A more expensive than a DC-3? An Electra can be anything from a late '30s twin engine tail dragger to a 4 engine turboprop airliner.

Is a 12A more expensive than a DC-3? An Electra can be anything from a late '30s twin engine tail dragger to a 4 engine turboprop airliner.

Yeah, I'm not sure and from I know about Dan and the judgement against him in Texas, I'm just surprised he has an Lockheed anything.

I’ve been a passenger on lots of airplanes and never owned a single one of em.

- Pilot Info:
The passenger seated in the right cockpit seat, aged 63, holds an airline transport certificate with a rating for airplane single engine land/airplane multi engine land, which includes type ratings in the DC-3 DC-3TP. DC-9 CE-500 MU-300 BE-400 B-757 B-767 B-777. He also holds a flight instructor and ground instructor certificates. His first class FAA medical was issued on 1/2024, with a note about using corrective lenses and being not valid to any class after 01/31/2025.

So it looks like DG was in the right seat.

- Pilot Info:
The passenger seated in the right cockpit seat, aged 63, holds an airline transport certificate with a rating for airplane single engine land/airplane multi engine land, which includes type ratings in the DC-3 DC-3TP. DC-9 CE-500 MU-300 BE-400 B-757 B-767 B-777. He also holds a flight instructor and ground instructor certificates. His first class FAA medical was issued on 1/2024, with a note about using corrective lenses and being not valid to any class after 01/31/2025.

So it looks like DG was in the right seat.
so this is what, the second airplane that’s crashed while he’s been giving instruction?

any other CFIs on here have a similar kd ratio?

I’ve been a passenger on lots of airplanes and never owned a single one of em.

That’s my error, somewhere I read or was under the impression it was his, and my failure to not thoroughly research the aircraft’s ownership.

For penance, I’ll say ATITPPA three times, and raise the flaps in the flare twice.

Back