The Weekend Instructor (for now)

ready2fly

Inspired by Pilot602's post and not wanting to hijack his thread, I decided to be a copycat and post an update on my progress:

This past weekend was my second weekend as a newly-minted CFI. So far, I've had four flights totalling 3.8 hours. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bandit.gif

1. On my very first day, (Sept. 11th) I had two flights. The first was a BFR with gentleman who is part owner of a Lance. SWEET plane! Looks like my very first paying customer may turn out to be one of my best. He's a business owner looking to move up into a twin and is going to buy a Seneca this year (or early next) until he reaches about 100 Hr.s ME for insurance reasons, then he'll move up into something bigger.

This past weekend, he approached me about being his permanent "right seat" guy when that happens. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

2. Second flight that day was a disco flight for the step-bro of our FBO's owner. Might turn out to be a student.. might not.

This past weekend:

3. Saturday: Did a night currency flight with one of our line guys who ...umm..wanted to be night current. Our FBO requires 100 hrs to fly at night, solo, but he has 75 hours, so he needed a CFI to ride along. I was the lucky one!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

4. Sunday: Did a checkout flight for a guy who wanted to get checked in the 172's. He had been flying the Tomahawks only. Dude was a GOOD stick!

So... Whoop, there it is!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bandit.gif Been instructing a total of 4 days and have logged 3.9 hours of flight dual given and 1.4 of ground.

This week is my last week at my firm (Praise Bob!). Then, I'll be a couch-monkey just like P602. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Can't wait to start getting students!!!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

R2F

couchmonkey.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just give the guy a typewriter and with the amount of time he'll spend on that couch we'll prove that whole Shakespeare thing.

[ QUOTE ]
couchmonkey.jpg

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
^^^^^ my new avtar!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Back