The Unlucky Few (Geo Preference Pub2)

Wyopoke79

Ok....Its the middle of the week and we have not recieved the Geographic Preference email. Congrats to those that have! Its not time to panic yet...errrrr.

I am opening this thread up for all of the people out there that are in the same position. Keep your head up... Let me know if you recieve your preference after Wednesday of this week.

:banghead: FAA
:yeahthat:

Ok....Its the middle of the week and we have not recieved the Geographic Preference email.

Why are you worried? You already have expressed your Geographic Preferences by applying for the Alaska and Hawaii jobs. The FAA is going to see that.

Guys, if it was the middle of next week, maybe I'd be worried. Otherwise...CHILL.

Everyone has until the 24th to submit these things anyway...

Seriously all this complaining about not getting geo preferences, PEPC invites and AT-SAT dates is getting old.
I am a VRA former military controller and it took 6 months for the FAA to acknowledge my existence. You guys are complaining because you haven't proceeded to the second step just 3 months after your application.

Why are you worried? You already have expressed your Geographic Preferences by applying for the Alaska and Hawaii jobs. The FAA is going to see that.

Its a time/age issue for me. I don't want to get rolled to the next pub if I don't have to.

Seriously all this complaining about not getting geo preferences, PEPC invites and AT-SAT dates is getting old.
I am a VRA former military controller and it took 6 months for the FAA to acknowledge my existence. You guys are complaining because you haven't proceeded to the second step just 3 months after your application.

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you have a hollow argument. It took six months for your announcement to "get the ball rolling" but it's not as though most others from your announcement were moving on with their hiring process and you were "left waiting". Granted those of us who haven't got our emails yet have only had to wait a few days and we're venting our frustrations here, but isn't that the purpose of this thread?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you have a hollow argument. It took six months for your announcement to "get the ball rolling" but it's not as though most others from your announcement were moving on with their hiring process and you were "left waiting". Granted those of us who haven't got our emails yet have only had to wait a few days and we're venting our frustrations here, but isn't that the purpose of this thread?

to be fair to the military guy ( i served as well), my original post stated that I felt like the kid that didn't get picked for kickball... but i edited it to seem less whiny...

But really you are correct sir, the point of this thread is to see if anyone else from our pub recieves the email.

and to biatch if we feel like it.:D

to be fair to the military guy ( i served as well), my original post stated that I felt like the kid that didn't get picked for kickball... but i edited it to seem less whiny...

But really you are correct sir, the point of this thread is to see if anyone else from our pub recieves the email.

and to biatch if we feel like it.:D

Well I apologize if there was any disrespect, none was intended. I appreciate all of you who serve, keep up the great work.

No disrespect taken.

My point was simply that you guys are in for a rude awakening if you expect any one single part of this process to make sense and that complaining will help. I know of a guy who had an interview a week after mine, was told his TOL would probably take a month or so. He got home that day and it was in his email. I was told it would 3-5 business days and it took 5 weeks and that was only after I called to find out what was going on and the lady had no clue why she hadn't sent me it yet.

Fact is that this forum has simply degraded to 100% complaint threads on how "long" it is taking people who are way ahead of where I was before I heard anything.

Granted there are/were quite a few in the same or worse boats than myself but that too is my point. All I am doing is saying be grateful you are where you are already and instead of whining do something constructive.

Can't we all just get along :)
We are all waiting for something or another from the FAA.

BTW - No Geo Preference here either. I just got my AT-SAT score last week, so I guess I can't complain to much. Trying to get used to it, working on my patience.

boondr,

your points are well taken and I, as I'm sure most others, are very grateful for the relatively quick progress we are making in this hiring game. when I started this I told my fiancee about the long haul we were about to endure, now every time I tell her about the upcoming steps in this process she tells me how fast we're moving - so I am definitely grateful with our progress. But I guess my definition of these forums are different from yours, I see them as an outlet to converse with others who share my same experience in this process. Because lets face it, when I try to talk to anyone else (outside of these forums) about this whole thing their eyes glaze over in about two seconds. It's nice to chat with other's who share my situation. If I've hijacked any threads that aren't concerning my particular dilemma, I apologize. Cheerio.

but it bothers me that it seems like a lot of people LOOK for a fight on here. They'll become Union Stewards! I come to this site everyday, and sifting through argument after argument has really become bothersome. Agreed I'm not positive, but I have a sneaking suspicion we may have lost a member recently due to all the provoking of arguments. Only temporarily, a cooling off period

Back