The Unlucky Few (Geo Preference Pub2)

Trident, you know it :D That ticket is my entry pass to that one of a kind factory in OKC where they churn out ATC'ers....GOLDEN

Sorry if it’s been covered before. I was one of the retards that didn't know any better to keep applying. Anyhow, my Feb application apparently is re-opened. Will I be receiving another geo-preference email? Or will they use my old one from before? Thanks

I appologize for the double post. But does anyone know what dates they are meeting to make their selections? I'm about to start another semester at UCF, and I'm trying to think of a smart way to continue school without putting too many eggs in one basket. If I leave late in the semester and can't finish to work for the FAA, I don't want to throw 2k down the drain.

I appologize for the double post. But does anyone know what dates they are meeting to make their selections?

Selection Panels will meet in Sept. or early Oct. After that it's anyone's guess. It's conceivable PEPC could be in October, but it might be later. It's possible that final offers could come before the end of the year, but who knows? Best case scenario is that OKC class starts in late December, although that's probably not realistic.

I appologize for the double post. But does anyone know what dates they are meeting to make their selections? I'm about to start another semester at UCF, and I'm trying to think of a smart way to continue school without putting too many eggs in one basket. If I leave late in the semester and can't finish to work for the FAA, I don't want to throw 2k down the drain.

Hey...I went to UCF! 2005 Grad! :nana2:

I have read in many different places that the selection panels meet on Sept. 9th.

Yeah I've read that also.

If all the FEBOTS people get their class dates here soon it might be possible for us to get class dates in Dec/Jan ... probably Feb for En route? Who knows... it will be very interesting to see how it all plays out though...

WOW you guys/gals are quick.

I'm just currious if they are sending the FEBOTS another geo prefference or if they will be using our old ones.... thats assuming that they have even carried the leftover febots into the next draft pool.

Some of us were told early on not to reapply because it would back up the system.

I have read in many different places that the selection panels meet on Sept. 9th.

Terminal panel meets the week of Sept 9th, En-Route the week of the 29th.

I'm just currious if they are sending the FEBOTS another geo prefference or if they will be using our old ones.... thats assuming that they have even carried the leftover febots into the next draft pool.
A number of people have called HR and were told to re-apply to keep their name in the running, at least for the Feb and 5/2 postings. I don't think this came out until after the 5/2 posting closed, however. Did you get put on a referral list for the states you chose?

Terminal panel meets the week of Sept 9th, En-Route the week of the 29th.

Does this mean that if a terminal wants you then you won't have a chance to go enroute? I ask because in my geo pref letter I said I would work terminal or en-route, but in the note section I put that my number one choice would be ZLA. If ZLA would want me, I don't want to get picked up by a terminal without even the chance of being seen by LA center. Does anyone know how this works?

Does this mean that if a terminal wants you then you won't have a chance to go enroute? I ask because in my geo pref letter I said I would work terminal or en-route, but in the note section I put that my number one choice would be ZLA. If ZLA would want me, I don't want to get picked up by a terminal without even the chance of being seen by LA center. Does anyone know how this works?

Good question... I'm wondering the same thing..

I'd have to guess that the en-route folks don't know if you've been selected by a terminal or not, there is probably some kind of reconciliation process that occurs. I'd guess the terminal facilities may pick a few alternates in the event a center snatches someone up.

Those dates popped up a couple of weeks ago, I don't know how accurate they are.

I'd have to guess that the en-route folks don't know if you've been selected by a terminal or not, there is probably some kind of reconciliation process that occurs. I'd guess the terminal facilities may pick a few alternates in the event a center snatches someone up.

Those dates popped up a couple of weeks ago, I don't know how accurate they are.
Yeah, i am with you. i would think that they will probably meet at the same time. I also wrote in the comment section that ZTL was my first choice.

For those of you that didnt get the geo-pref email for PUBNAT2 yet, thought I'd give you some hope-- I just got mine 10 minutes ago. (today is Aug.13)

I'm a Febot so I wasn't too concerned, but I know the "left-out" feeling so perhaps there is still hope for some.

I still haven't gotten my Geo Prefs email yet ( but I haven't checked my home email in the past few days ). I called and spoke with Dana ( I think that was her name ) who stated, after looking at my information using my social, an email hasn't been sent to me just yet ( but that was only after I had told her about the problem mentioned by someone on here ). At first, her response to my question was I'd just have to wait.

Sweet. Barty has his location as Powder Springs. If we're all in PUBNAT2 and go to OKC, we're gonna *have* to get together. :p

Finally got mine:nana2::nana2::nana2: I emailed them which seemed to work! So those of you who are still waiting, email them.

And hello to you GA folks. I am in Fayetteville, just a 25 min drive to ZTL and 5 from Tracon. Hopefully we can all meet in OKC!

Back