The Unlucky Few (Geo Preference Pub2)

Damn thats 3 other people that want to go to ZTL
Yeah, i did a tour there about a month ago and loved it. Plus it is only about a hour and fifteen minutes from where i live now, so i can commute for a while until i decide where i want to live.

I want to go and tour ZTL. Did you find out any information on hiring outlook? Did you tell them about yourself or say anything for them to want you?

I want to go and tour ZTL. Did you find out any information on hiring outlook? Did you tell them about yourself or say anything for them to want you?
I know one of the guys in charge of training, through my wife's grandfather. He has been in ATC for like 36 years, and at ZTL for the past 16(mostly training). He seems to think that i will have no problem getting in to ZTL. He said they have already filled 30 spots for FY08, and plan on recieving close to 100 more in FY09. Which this number includes VRA, CTI, and OTS. This contact is also the one who gave me the tour of the facility, and introduce me to the most of the front line managers, and the facility mager. I was also introduce to the regional NATCA president, who is on site. He did tell me that with large amount of trainees coming in over the next year, that the training time would be slowed down greatly. The tour was very interesting, and i think i was told that their are around 440 controllers at ZTL.

Who did you email? I sent one to aviaion careers website and they replied telling me that wasn't their field, and I needed to send the email to the correct people... with no email address. I also tried the long faa email listed earlier in the post and they were all sent back, as a bad address.

Well, my previous posts today were made while at work. Unfortunately, I cannot check my yahoo email while there ( darn firewall ). In looking through some other posts, I checked my Spam folder and *VOILA*! There was my Geo Prefs email request right there . . . sent on 08/11/08 @ ~3:30 PM.

So I chose Georgia, of course . . . and Colorado ( because it's so darn beautiful, ya just can't help yourself ).

I can only hope to pass through everything from here. My credit's not the best, my eyesight is 20/20 but only with glasses and I'm not in the best of shape ( I quit my smoking hiatus 2 weeks ago, though ).

Meanwhile, I can't seem to get any sleep because the voices in my head keep shouting at each other. :crazy:

N T Ways . . .

Maybe we can all get together for the same PEPC if we're all chosen . . . I'll bring the sign that'll cause us all to gather together:

"It's Peanut Butter Jelly Time" :nana2:

Got my E-mail.....

Idaho and Utah for me.

1. BOI
2. SLC
3. ZLC
4. Any Mountain West State.......

I am looking at Montana, Utah, Co, and Idaho...I talked to the natca rep..at great falls (near Malstrom afb)...they are looking for 5-10 trainees.... PM me if you want his info..and he gave me the managers info too...

Kind of a late entry. Email access is hit and miss right now, but I finally got my geo pref on Tuesday after writing to the first address posted. It came a few hrs after that. Amusingly enough I also got a response email yesterday to one I had written them over two weeks ago. They of course appologized for the late reply and said they were experiencing an overwhelming volume of calls and emails. Hmmm. I wonder where those are coming from.
Anyhow, I got my geo pref and that is what matters. Now I wait some more. Just curious. I haven't seen many people choosing northern states. Anyone going for MI or MN like me? First choice was MI-TVC. Here's hoping.

I sent an email verifying my email address on 8/8 ( no response) then after reading this post I sent another with my contact information on Monday and still have not rcvd a response or the geo preference email. Im beginning to get very concerned. What more can I do

5/02 applied PUBNAT2
7/16 AT-SAT
7/18 rcvd score..93.5
7/31 PUBNAT4
currently waiting for geo pref email

Who did you email? I sent one to aviaion careers website and they replied telling me that wasn't their field, and I needed to send the email to the correct people... with no email address. I also tried the long faa email listed earlier in the post and they were all sent back, as a bad address.

I sent an email to aviation.careers@faa.gov around 4pm. I just said I have applied to PUBNAT2 and haven't recieved an email for geo prefs. Email came in the next day at 1:58 pm.

I also took a tour of ZTL and learned alot about what they do there and met very nice people. I want to set up another one and want to tour Terminal out of curiosity.

Bump To Top. Anyone know when September panels are meeting and when we referal lists go out?

Supposedly panels are meeting on the 8th, I would assume that the referral list will be prior to that panel. On a side note... Why would you want to come to California? If I wasn't here I sure as heck wouldn't be trying to come here. Just curious.

Supposedly panels are meeting on the 8th, I would assume that the referral list will be prior to that panel. On a side note... Why would you want to come to California? If I wasn't here I sure as heck wouldn't be trying to come here. Just curious.

I like the weather and state. Plus I hear they are always looking for people.

But I Prefer CO by a long shot!

I hope it is true that they are always looking for people as this is where I need to stay as I own my home, but other than the wether there really isn't anything good I can say about it. Our state is plagued by illegal immigration, overpriced houses, high tax rates, budget problems and fake people. But, good luck anyway. Hopefully you get to stay in the Mile High City...even though last time I drove through I thought the state was beautiful until Denver...Denver just seemed like any other big city to me.

I hope it is true that they are always looking for people as this is where I need to stay as I own my home, but other than the wether there really isn't anything good I can say about it. Our state is plagued by illegal immigration, overpriced houses, high tax rates, budget problems and fake people. But, good luck anyway. Hopefully you get to stay in the Mile High City...even though last time I drove through I thought the state was beautiful until Denver...Denver just seemed like any other big city to me.

Haha i guess you can look at all the negatives or be optomistic (sp?). I Love Colorado. Although has its bad areas just like every other state in the U.S. your only 15-30 minutes from complete silence and nature in the mountains. California on the other hand I just enjoy visiting it from time to time. If I got selected for CA I would deffinatlly try and get back to CO ASAP.

How soon before and after panels met did PUBNAT1 receive notice for Referals, and Selections?

If I remember correctly, for PUBNAT1 it went something like referal lists 06/06, panel met on 06/10, and e-mails started going out 06/20.

Back