The long awaited change to NOTAMs is finally happening

7E055104-EFD6-4F23-9791-17DCC3ECE6BC.jpeg

I seem to recall that fltplan.com highlighted in red NOTAMS that had certain words in them, like closed or NA, that was handy in sorting thru the mess of 20 pages of NOTAMS for a Toronto-Cleveland flight.

At my last company they used LIDO from Lufthansa for dispatching and it was handy in that it separated NOTAMS into depature-enroute-arrival sections and than further more so into each category Airport, Approach, Departure, Arrival and Obstruction sections if I recall correctly.

And we rightfully mock those d-bags. We shouldn’t codify their craziness!

Tell me you work at Delta without telling me that you work at Delta. :)
I dunno man there’s a few nAAtives like this. I had a guy take “my leg” from me the other week ago as it was “really windy so I better take this one”. Down the runway at 20 gusting to 30 knots. 4500 hours in the Airbus, I’m thAAnkful he took “my leg” due to obvious safety reasons and then he told me about being an instructor pilot in the Air Force the entire flight.

I dunno man there’s a few nAAtives like this. I had a guy take “my leg” from me the other week ago as it was “really windy so I better take this one”. Down the runway at 20 gusting to 30 knots. 4500 hours in the Airbus, I’m thAAnkful he took “my leg” due to obvious safety reasons and then he told me about being an instructor pilot in the Air Force the entire flight.

Can’t say I’ve ever seen “that type” quite at that magnitude, and I’ve seen a few.

Wow.

Wokeness is everywhere now. Pathetic!

I don’t ever recall flying with a female pilot who said that NOTAMs is sexist.
Agree!!
I fear that feMALE and woMAN will be words of the past if we keep going down this path!!

I’m ready for this to be over……….

It really starts to make sense once you hit 5k. :sarcasm:

I had an LCA once ask me if I was comfortable doing a takeoff to which I replied “yes, of course” then later I had to explain to him what “established” means.

Hot dang. Why AAm I not surprised!

Twr: cleared for takeoff
Me:cleared for takeoff
Some guys: you ready?
Me: Jesus just go would you?

i have to say, i appreciate it when I JS and the crew asks me if i'm good for the takeoff after reading back the ATC clearance.. just a lowly dispatcher and have very little insight whether to push the throttles or not in that specific instance, but at least they know i exist looking over their shoulders...:)

It really starts to make sense once you hit 5k. :sarcasm:

I had an LCA once ask me if I was comfortable doing a takeoff to which I replied “yes, of course” then later I had to explain to him what “established” means.

I flew with a guy who went straight out of the Mil to the back seat of the whale. Spent 10 years doing that and went from that right to the left seat of the DC-9. Never spent a single day flying domestic.

We were coming out of an uncontrolled field (tower closed) one morning, and it was bizarre episode to say the least.

Back