The long awaited change to NOTAMs is finally happening

I’m sure there’s at least a few Uncle Rico types that can’t let their mil days go that consider shuttling 100 geriatrics to RSW a “mission”

or could be a civilian who wants to feel that taking those same geriatrics to RSW is akin to going to strike the oil fields at Macho Grande. :)

I’m sure there’s at least a few Uncle Rico types that can’t let their mil days go that consider shuttling 100 geriatrics to RSW a “mission”

And we rightfully mock those d-bags. We shouldn’t codify their craziness!

"my callsign w-"
"I don't care"
"Mad-Dog"
"Ok, call me Dr. Cox or bang-bang"
"Oh were you prior mil?"
"No. *shakes head dismissively*"

Tell me you work at Delta without telling me that you work at Delta. :)

Maybe this needs to be a separate thread:

Mil guy: "I'm not going to non-rev after I retire because there's too many young kids coming in who don't look like captains and not enough mil guys. I'm not trying to offend anyone that's just how I feel."
me: "No I get it, and let's be real, Endeavor would take your seat only IF there were any to give out, which there won't. I buy tickets for the holidays, have for years."

I've been told that a few times by the 'bout to retire get my ya-ya's out crowd". Some of them are comfortable talking to me about all kinds of weird • and I don't punish them for it. Truthfully, me included, we can all up our game. But I'm not going to go military, or act military, or turn myself into a little military robot. The goal is safety, not making old military guys feel better. If our safety record doesn't reflect something good you wanna ride on, then that's on us. These guys aren't pricks, they're just really weirded out by the culture changes from all the civilians coming in. I used to jumpseat on Fedex all the time and heard the same stuff. At first you call it "• the old guys say" and when you meet enough of them and respect them you have to be an adult and say, "What can I do to further the objective of safety".

I wouldn't mind being called "bang-bang" though.

With the proliferation of asshats lately, you can totally say ass here, I’m surprised it isn’t just called notice to asshats or Asshat’s Information Manual.

Or even notice to aviators….

Back