The long awaited change to NOTAMs is finally happening

My kids are doing this FAA sponsored Minecraft airport design challenge STEM thing.

My wife trying to register them: "Oh my god, does the FAA always have this much @$%! paperwork and overcomplicate things?!"

Me:

1637602831865.png

I was literally making a joke about how dispatchers can’t filter NOTAMs.

Weird, i was answering CFI and your post got quoted. My mistake.

what’s interesting is that apparently some ops allow it, and some don’t, based on what’s been posted here. I would think a fair compromise would be having them all there and dispatch flagging the important ones. But apparently that isn’t allowed in other ops. Learn something new every day.

What's a dispatcher? ;)

That person who helps with 25% of my flying, while the other 75% I’m on my own. :)

Jepp FDPro will show you the notams affecting any specific procedure. Just click the NOTAM button at the bottom of each plate.
Speaking of, that app needs to be renamed.
"Jeppesen" means "Son of Jeppe" - both "son" and "Jeppe" being male in origin.
"Flight Deck" is offensive to everyone on the lower decks and promotes a caste system.
"Pro" is offensive to everyone not willing to put in an effort to act like one.
Unacceptable.
Even your choice of word "bottom" implies a hierarchy and inequality.

"Flight Deck" is offensive to everyone on the lower decks and promotes a caste system.
Unacceptable.

10 points for Gryffindor for creativity! Gotta admit that made me laugh.

Unacceptable.
Also has tom in the word. Which is a male gender name. UNACCEPTABLE

I remember an ATIS in ATL many years ago. “Crane at Marriott hotel.”

A) where the hell is that?
2) If im close enough to tell which hotel it is, we are probably screwed anyway

There is a NOTAM in EWR ATIS right now that lets us know about a crane near the Holland Tunnel. The Holland Tunnel is on no plates, nor is it that easy to spot unless you know exactly what a venation shaft looks like, and even then you must have enough local knowledge that you are looking at the Holland and not Lincoln tunnel.

There is a NOTAM in EWR ATIS right now that lets us know about a crane near the Holland Tunnel. The Holland Tunnel is on no plates, nor is it that easy to spot unless you know exactly what a venation shaft looks like, and even then you must have enough local knowledge that you are looking at the Holland and not Lincoln tunnel.

I was there this morning. I feel like they should NOTAM the big ass cargo ship on the other side of the highway. You kind of forget you're near the water and "hey...the hell is that ship doing on Whiskey?"

Back