The Attack on the 2nd Amendment Continues

Everybody take a deep breath and eat some tacos. :)
tumblr_lfjn77xNvL1qdzyojo1_500.jpg

So for those that are < insert loaded term here > and have a handgun, and particularly, CCW, what type of handgun to you carry...? Recommendations.....?

My kids have both taken firearms safety and like to shoot, looking at something that we can both take to the range......Just in an info gathering stage....

So for those that are < insert loaded term here > and have a handgun, and particularly, CCW, what type of handgun to you carry...? Recommendations.....?

My kids have both taken firearms safety and like to shoot, looking at something that we can both take to the range......Just in an info gathering stage....

I don't have my CCW yet but the H&K pilot pistol and CZ82 are my primary handguns.

I recommend what ever gun feels the most comfortable to you. Go and find a indoor range and rent them and try out all kinds before buying.
But if it was me I'm partial to a CZ

JEP I like revolvers, particularly starting out. A nice .357 is incredibly versatile, easy to shoot well, and .38 is cheap and easy to find. For CCW it is hard to beat the accuracy, reliability, ease of use and punch of a DA revolver, even my little Smith 442 .38.

Whenever I take new shooters out my Colt .357s invariably are the favorite as they are easy to use, loaded with .38 produce light recoil, and sight picture and radius makes them easy for a novice to get the redemption of easily putting rounds on target.

I love my Hi Powers, 1911s and Sigs too, but for the mission you describe do not overlook the double action revolver.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

I carry a Glock 19... I'm a rather simple person, and it's a simple handgun... so it works for me.

Sounds like two different missions....for a kid at the range, I would go with anything that's a .22, because there's no recoil and it's not going to scare the crap out of them when they shoot it. Also ammo is cheap so you can shoot a lot more for a lot less $.

For CCW, I would want something with ammo at least as big as a 9mm.

JEP - Get a glock. It's the Honda Civic of handguns. It just runs. Take it out of the box and don't do a damn thing to it besides maybe night sights (Just the front sight) if you're going to carry it. Lasers/Flashlights, etc. are all tacticool crap and aren't needed on a carry gun. If you're going to use it for home defense a flashlight maybe a decent option, stay away from lasers though. They teach bad habits, and they're slow. Get it in 9mm and grab good hollow point bullets. The only bullets I'll carry are 147 grain Speer Gold Dot, and 147 grain Federal HST hollow points. The ammo is just as important as the gun. Stay away from gimmicky rounds such as hydroshock and the hornady critical defense stuff. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Not a fan of the short 1911s. Really like the Ruger though. Granted I have probably an extra 2gs in it more then most. Damn 1911s are pricey.

Back