The Attack on the 2nd Amendment Continues

IMHO the 4.25" 1911 is perfection.

This is one of my carry pieces. 1977 Combat Commander in nickel.

8252BD29-45BE-4954-B643-959D6269A268-1338-00000137705E1C3D_zps74d3f073.jpg
That is pure sex.

IMHO the 4.25" 1911 is perfection.

This is one of my carry pieces. 1977 Combat Commander in nickel.

8252BD29-45BE-4954-B643-959D6269A268-1338-00000137705E1C3D_zps74d3f073.jpg

Nice horse to have in the stable, I love the nickel, I let a nickel Commander get away from me years ago, still regrets...

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Nice horse to have in the stable, I love the nickel, I let a nickel Commander get away from me years ago, still regrets...

Nickel is actually not that great on a carry piece, unfortunately, which is why this one gets less holster time the last few years than others. Although it held up nicely to holster wear,it had started to develop some dark stains up around the muzzle as well as on the grip safety, probably just because of sweat and dirt, etc. It polishes up nicely with mild effort, but it just isn't worth that kind of maintenance regularly.

Nickel is actually not that great on a carry piece, unfortunately, which is why this one gets less holster time the last few years than others. Although it held up nicely to holster wear,it had started to develop some dark stains up around the muzzle as well as on the grip safety, probably just because of sweat and dirt, etc. It polishes up nicely with mild effort, but it just isn't worth that kind of maintenance regularly.

Yeah, I would stick with the stainless Commander for carry, I like to keep my blued Colts for shooting and admiring and save them from holster wear anyway.

Nickel is just pretty, love that coppery hue. You have a nice piece of hardware there.

Man, speaking of sweet 1911's that got away, I remember less than two years ago Budsgunshop.com had a sweet 1911 on sale that was polished with gold trim. It was a Taurus. Now, I'm not a huge Taurus fan, but I am a huge 1911 fan. The price? $505.

Wish I would have gotten that when I had the chance. Good luck finding that same thing for that price now. :bang:

Man, speaking of sweet 1911's that got away, I remember less than two years ago Budsgunshop.com had a sweet 1911 on sale that was polished with gold trim. It was a Taurus. Now, I'm not a huge Taurus fan, but I am a huge 1911 fan. The price? $505.

Wish I would have gotten that when I had the chance. Good luck finding that same thing for that price now. :bang:

I saw those, I thougbt about getting one just for fun, putting some gold "Dia de los Muertos" grips on it and really blinging up the range.

Then I figured by the time I bought the gun and grips I would be in Colt territory and like you I am not a taurus guy.

Colt does special edition, mostly .38 supers for Lew Horton tbat range from beautiful and tasteful to, well, impressively gawdy. It would be great to have one but unlike the taurus the price would keep me from glittering up the gun club....maybe someday when I am a rich airline pilot and all....;-)

Back