The Attack on the 2nd Amendment Continues

I'm still weirded out that somehow the bathroom has become a "sexual" place in this debate. I'm a dude, and like most dudes I'm certainly driven by certain urges, but the women's bathroom is a place I have zero desire to ever see the inside of, even if I was invited inside.

I'm sure the Europeans are laughing their asses off at us. Some people in the US would be shocked to hear they have thermal baths/saunas where people of all ages, genders, and orientation hang out completely nude and there's never any incidents. We are a bunch of prudes.

I've taken the position in the debate that as long as urinals aren't eliminated, I'm comfortable with whatever the outcome. Urinals were a brilliant invention!

image.jpeg
I've taken the position in the debate that as long as urinals aren't eliminated, I'm comfortable with whatever the outcome. Urinals were a brilliant invention!

I just want to know why it's 2016 and every urinal isn't the kind that eliminates splash back.

Do you own a fire extinguisher? A first aid kit? Do you keep a flashlight and blankets in your car during the winter? Do you store oily rags and paint in a fire locker or just loose around the garage? Do you exercise daily and try to keep a healthy diet?

Every one of those things is the stuff those professionals in all those fields you keep telling us to sit around and let handle will tell you that you need to have. Not it's a good idea, more "hey moron you didn't think to maybe grab a clean bandage an apply pressure or maybe use a dry chem fire extinguisher on that stove instead of letting it burn the house down?" Can I perform brain surgery in my house, no. I also can't save my house from a 300 acre forest fire. Point is some of us are prepared to do more than sit around on our thumbs waiting to be told how to handle a situation.

You want to act like we are all helpless pawns sitting around waiting for the government to save us. Some of us know better, because some of us know that you're and idiot.

Come on man! You don't see he's just trying to argue a point, just to prove he's right? You could pick something apart so much, that you could find something to be right about. Like the heart attack thing. 99% of people don't have the stuff to handle a heart attack at their house. I mean, who has a defibrillator on hand? I would suspect there are very few. But you do realize how ridiculous that sounds, right? Arguing, just for the sake of "see, SEE! I'M RIGHT, AND YOUR'RE WRONG! Neener-neener-neener!! I'm so smart, and you're so stupid!"

Point? Anything can be picked apart so far, and brought so far off track, that anyone can be proven right about 1% of something. And he's really good at that. Being right about 1%, and wrong about the other 99%, because it makes him feel socially superior (at least that what I'm seeing). We are all just pawns, minions in his world in his own mind. He used to be fun. We used to joke about him vacuuming for his wife. But somethings up with him now. He's grumpy all the time, argues constantly, and just seems.....angry, ALL THE TIME! Like he just comes here now for the arguments. When was the last time we had a jovial conversation with him here? Been a while, hasn't it? It's almost like we need to do a JC intervention to try and figure out what's eating him up. Because that sure is what it seems like, something has him pissed, all the time. I used to like him. I used to see him make jokes, and try to be fun. Now I just see a disgruntled person behind a key board who refuses to admit he is angry about something. And I'm being totally serious.

I'd like to see stall doors with no gaps in them and ones that go all the way to the floor.... I mean if we're going to argue about privacy why don't we talk about easy things to make bathrooms, you know, private.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I'm still weirded out that somehow the bathroom has become a "sexual" place in this debate. I'm a dude, and like most dudes I'm certainly driven by certain urges, but the women's bathroom is a place I have zero desire to ever see the inside of, even if I was invited inside.

I'm sure the Europeans are laughing their asses off at us. Some people in the US would be shocked to hear they have thermal baths/saunas where people of all ages, genders, and orientation hang out completely nude and there's never any incidents. We are a bunch of prudes.
This really is the truth. There are nude beaches, parks and nudist (called naturalists) camps all over the world. In many cultures and societies parents will sometimes bathe or shower with their kids. There really are a lot of public venues with saunas and pools that are used by everyone, children and adults of both sexes and they are nude. We have taught the wrong things in this country. It's acceptable for celebrities to pose nude and in very provocative ways for money and publicity, but it's bad to swim in your own pool in the nude and let others do the same. Nonsense. People will claim that they don't want their children over sexualized. Then turn off the tv and don't let most magazines into your home. A healthy respect for people, knowing the boundaries and having morals has everything to do with your mind set and behavior and what kind of person you are. It doesn't matter what sex you are or what fricking bathroom you use.

Last edited:
I'd like to see stall doors with no gaps in them and ones that go all the way to the floor.... I mean if we're going to argue about privacy why don't we talk about easy things to make bathrooms, you know, private.

I think cleanliness is the primary reason we don't do this.

I've seen the sweet airlock type road side bathrooms in Germany, but they have cleaning staffs and you pay for their use. The simple idea of a public bathroom conjures up a bathrooms of Walmart/gas stations/portojohns I've visited, and being "sealed in" with the mess and the smell and god knows what that's growing in there is less appealing than gaps in the walls that somebody has to make and effort to look through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think cleanliness is the primary reason we don't do this.

I've seen the sweet airlock type road side bathrooms in Germany, but they have cleaning staffs and you pay for their use. The simple idea of a public bathroom conjures up a bathrooms of Walmart/gas stations/portojohns I've visited, and being "sealed in" with the mess and the smell and god knows what that's growing in there is less appealing than gaps in the walls that somebody has to make and effort to look through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You might have a point, in college I worked at a now defunct video rental chain, I could swear that the bathroom there was used solely for animal sacrifice and satanic rituals

This really is the truth. There are nude beaches, parks and nudist (called naturalists) camps all over the world. In many cultures and societies parents will sometimes bathe or shower with their kids. There really are a lot of public venues with saunas and pools that are used by everyone, children and adults of both sexes and they are nude. We have taught the wrong things in this country. It's acceptable for celebrities to pose nude and in very provocative ways for money and publicity, but it's bad to swim in your own pool in the nude and let others do the same. Nonsense. People will claim that they don't want their children over sexualized. Then turn off the tv and don't let most magazines into your home. A healthy respect for people, knowing the boundaries and having morals has everything to do with your mind set and behavior and what kind of person you are. It doesn't matter what sex you are or what fricking bathroom you use.

I just spent three hours at one such place. Somehow I, and everyone around me were able to contain our urges. Haven't been this relaxed in quite some time.

What a joke.

Can't deal with it that I speak my mind?

"I teach my kids to take care of themselves"
-" so you think you're better than the government, and, PS, let me tie in some non sequitur bs about insurance policies from 20-30 years ago"

It wasn't 20 years ago. After what you went through, are you saying a lifetime cap and/or preexisting conditions should make a determination on one's future if they can get insured or if the insurance company will pay for future issues that may arise?

When a natural emergency hits, there are two sets of people. Those who can manage the situation, survive, and help others. The other type sits on a rooftop hoping FEMA will save their asses.

It would be the local law enforcement, National Guard, etc., that would save their asses. FEMA comes in after the fact.

Do you own a fire extinguisher?

Yep! That doesn't mean I can put out a large fire with it.

A first aid kit?

Yep! That doesn't mean I can solve every ailment with one.

Do you keep a flashlight and blankets in your car during the winter?

Don't need that in Texas.

Do you store oily rags and paint in a fire locker or just loose around the garage?

Dispose of them once done with them.

Do you exercise daily and try to keep a healthy diet?

Yep!

Every one of those things is the stuff those professionals in all those fields you keep telling us to sit around and let handle will tell you that you need to have. Not it's a good idea, more "hey moron you didn't think to maybe grab a clean bandage an apply pressure or maybe use a dry chem fire extinguisher on that stove instead of letting it burn the house down?" Can I perform brain surgery in my house, no. I also can't save my house from a 300 acre forest fire. Point is some of us are prepared to do more than sit around on our thumbs waiting to be told how to handle a situation.

Ok, but this isn't the initial point your or others have made.

You want to act like we are all helpless pawns sitting around waiting for the government to save us. Some of us know better, because some of us know that you're and idiot.

Calling me bad names as you can't get your point across?

Come on man! You don't see he's just trying to argue a point, just to prove he's right?

Like others on here do all the time?

You could pick something apart so much, that you could find something to be right about. Like the heart attack thing. 99% of people don't have the stuff to handle a heart attack at their house. I mean, who has a defibrillator on hand? I would suspect there are very few. But you do realize how ridiculous that sounds, right? Arguing, just for the sake of "see, SEE! I'M RIGHT, AND YOUR'RE WRONG! Neener-neener-neener!! I'm so smart, and you're so stupid!" Point? Anything can be picked apart so far, and brought so far off track, that anyone can be proven right about 1% of something. And he's really good at that. Being right about 1%, and wrong about the other 99%, because it makes him feel socially superior (at least that what I'm seeing) We are all just pawns, minions in his world in his own mind. He used to be fun. We used to joke about him vacuuming for his wife. But somethings up with him now. He's grumpy all the time, argues constantly, and just seems.....angry, ALL THE TIME! Like he just comes here now for the arguments. When was the last time we had a jovial conversation with him here? Been a while, hasn't it? It's almost like we need to do a JC intervention to try and figure out what's eating him up. Because that sure is what it seems like, something has him pissed, all the time. I used to like him. I used to see him make jokes, and try to be fun. Now I just see a disgruntled person behind a key board who refuses to admit he is angry about something. And I'm being totally serious.

My oh my, who pissed in your Cheerios?

First, I was making a counterpoint to another user on here about their view of the effectiveness of our government and their idea to rather handle things in house than use the government. That is their point of view, I have my point of view which I expressed. Do you have issues dealing with different view points? Am I not allowed to make counterpoints because it may be a different view point than others on here?

Secondly, I am extraordinarily happy.

Thirdly, others on here think they are always right.

Like others on here do all the time?

My oh my, who pissed in your Cheerios?

First, I was making a counterpoint to another user on here about their view of the effectiveness of our government and their idea to rather handle things in house than use the government. That is their point of view, I have my point of view which I expressed. Do you have issues dealing with different view points? Am I not allowed to make counterpoints because it may be a different view point than others on here?

Secondly, I am extraordinarily happy.

Thirdly, others on here think they are always right.

Nobody pissed in anyone's Cheerios. My point was we all want the old Seggy back. I've been here 8 years now. You're not the same.

Can't deal with it that I speak my mind?
If that's your mind, you need Ritalin

It wasn't 20 years ago. After what you went through, are you saying a lifetime cap and/or preexisting conditions should make a determination on one's future if they can get insured or if the insurance company will pay for future issues that may arise?
Preexisting conditions only occurred if you had a lapse in coverage, was never an issue for me. None of the plans that selected had a lifetime limit. No change now, it just costs me $50 more per week. Also, if you have any semblance of negotiating skills, it's easy to self pay at the Medicaid rate (pretty much ins. Negotiated rates). Which would cost significantly less over ones lifetime. (Yes we did a lot of out of network stuff for her, and self paid because it was cheaper than using Ins. She also used a care regime that was not yet standard of care- but is now, so we paid for a lot of it. We also got to chose our professionals that way)

It would be the local law enforcement, National Guard, etc., that would save their asses. FEMA comes in after the fact.
. Does it matter which organization puts this mark on your door?
8034bc5fcc1b7e32f1e18ff101ce53f9.jpg

I'd rather be able to care for myself. Kids too.

Back