The Attack on the 2nd Amendment Continues

Oh snap.......

Harvey County Sheriff T. Walton told reporters that whoever shot the gunman responsible for a series of shootings in Kansas on Thursday "saved a whole lot of lives" and is a "hero."

No one from law enforcement was injured.

Well, it's Kansas. So everyone has a gun ;)

Oh snap.......

Harvey County Sheriff T. Walton told reporters that whoever shot the gunman responsible for a series of shootings in Kansas on Thursday "saved a whole lot of lives" and is a "hero."

No one from law enforcement was injured.

Well, it's Kansas. So everyone has a gun ;)

Does it upset you the gunman wasn't allowed to continue his murders unabated while the civilian population was disarmed by the laws meant to "protect" them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Conflicting info.

"An officer killed Ford Thursday afternoon at Excel Industries in Hesston, where he worked."

"He said the shooter exchanged gunfire with law enforcement but was shot and killed by the first officer on the scene.

"Even though he took fire, he went inside of that place and saved multiple, multiple lives. A hero as far as I'm concerned."

Time will tell.

Does it upset you the gunman wasn't allowed to continue his murders unabated while the civilian population was disarmed by the laws meant to "protect" them?

No, but this upsets me:

"According to Florida court documents, he was charged with multiple crimes in his history, including burglary, grand theft, fleeing and eluding and other charges dating back to 1996. Ford was also booked in Sedgwick County in 2008."

"Police say Ford's roommate is in the mobile home"

Better be an illegally-obtained gun. But considering his collection of long rifles and handguns, they're probably all legal.

No, but this upsets me:

"According to Florida court documents, he was charged with multiple crimes in his history, including burglary, grand theft, fleeing and eluding and other charges dating back to 1996. Ford was also booked in Sedgwick County in 2008."

Better be an illegally-obtained gun. But considering his collection of long rifles and handguns, they're probably all legal.

So, sounds like there is an enforcement problem of existing laws. Seems like the place to start.

Cedric-Ford-Gun-Photos-jpg.jpg

What is that? An AK and a G18?

Both of these firearms would be illegal to own, so probably not. But as usual, don't let ignorance of existing laws get in your way.

Conflicting info.

"An officer killed Ford Thursday afternoon at Excel Industries in Hesston, where he worked."

"He said the shooter exchanged gunfire with law enforcement but was shot and killed by the first officer on the scene.

"Even though he took fire, he went inside of that place and saved multiple, multiple lives. A hero as far as I'm concerned."

Time will tell.

No, but this upsets me:

If he was charged (and convicted) of any of those crimes under a felony status then those guns are illegal! What part of that don't you get.

NICS only works when it's enforced.

Listen to everyone go in defense mode.

Tell ya what, last week was the Kalamazoo mass shooting and this week Kansas. Find another first world developed country that has this issue in the past 2 weeks?

Denial mode is just a natural part of human emotion.

Listen to everyone go in defense mode.

Tell ya what, last week was the Kalamazoo mass shooting and this week Kansas. Find another first world developed country that has this issue in the past 2 weeks?

Denial mode is just a natural part of human emotion.
You're bad at debating.

People go defensive, when others go offensive. To be honest, a shooting isn't really all that applicable to a thread about Obama's executive orders. You posted it, you intended to use it for justification for your views, you went on the offensive. People then react to that. Then you stand on your soapbox and talk about how we're all in denial.

It's irritating.

There's no one here who agrees with what this man did, or has said they were glad he had those weapons, or anything else. We all agree. Shootings are bad, and criminals having guns is bad. We disagree on how to accomplish the reduction of those two things. The sooner the silly red-herrings and straw-man arguments end, the sooner we can have a functioning discussion. Please. All you're doing now, is grandstanding on the bodies of the victims and using it to prop up your political position. That's less than honorable.

Problem is, in MANY cases, they only become criminals when they point the weapon at an innocent person. By then, it's too late.

To expand on the previous comment, in the past week we've had 2 mass shootings (Kalamazoo MI and this one in KS). I challenged the other side to show examples of what has happened in terms of mass shootings in other developed, first world countries with gun ownership in this same timeframe.

I'm surprised no one countered with the typical argument of "guns are just the tool, it's the people."

Well, ok, it's the people... but other developed first world countries have guns, too, some even allowing them for self-protection. They also have people who are mentally sick, deranged, etc. But their society as a whole doesn't really suffer from the kinds of mass shootings we suffer here, and certainly not in the same frequency that we go through.

And please don't accuse my side of standing on victims of these tragedies. It's YOUR side's stalwart defense and anti-support of any measure to try and stop these tragedies. It's your side that is grandstanding on the bodies of the victims, and are less than honorable.

To use the famous quote........

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

-Edmund Burke

I never got the glock bug. Sig, Colt....

But that slim little .380 is sweet. Of all the Glocks I think it's the only one I feel like buying.....of course I suppose everyone should have a 19, but I'll stick with my P229.
Apparently Glock thinks that their "safe action" pistols may go on autonomous shooting spree's...
f7ba937e4c140185c4d833237ff24fc3.jpg

"An unattended loaded weapon can cause injury or death to yourself or others"

I hate Glocks...and I (my wife, really...) have a G19 as our "bump in the middle of the night" handgun.

I don't normally like the way they feel. Truth be told, I was looking at the Ruger .38 auto, but didn't like the fact that the only safety is the weight of trigger pull, and, that it doesn't lock open on the last round..

Back