The Attack on the 2nd Amendment Continues

Dude, I dunno what your goal is to trying to discredit his position with union stuff but that is pretty well established.

I don't doubt he was a member of a union. That isn't the point of my question. There was no attempt to "discredit" him for being a union member. I think that stands by itself.

My point was in response to his comment about Voter ID.

Should we have voter ID laws? As you can see, restrictions are in place for voting.

I was trying to point out another failure in his logic. Not everyone is a member of the union. I've never been one. I can't vote for or against union efforts because I am not a member of the union. There is a reason a union doesn't want everyone voting on topics.

By bringing up his union membership I was trying to point out the importance of ensuring that votes are limited to members of the union (in this case the union of the United States) and not every Tom, Dick and Harry from Mexico or Canada should be able to make descsions on the laws and important topics of the US. By bringing up his union membership I had hoped to find common ground for an important side topic but @Seggy as usual evaded or refused to answer the question.

No need to disparage his membership in the union, he does a fine job of representing the union.

I don't doubt he was a member of a union. That isn't the point of my question. There was no attempt to "discredit" him for being a union member. I think that stands by itself.

My point was in response to his comment about Voter ID.

I was trying to point out another failure in his logic. Not everyone is a member of the union. I've never been one. I can't vote for or against union efforts because I am not a member of the union. There is a reason a union doesn't want everyone voting on topics.

By bringing up his union membership I was trying to point out the importance of ensuring that votes are limited to members of the union (in this case the union of the United States) and not every Tom, Dick and Harry from Mexico or Canada should be able to make descsions on the laws and important topics of the US. By bringing up his union membership I had hoped to find common ground for an important side topic but @Seggy as usual evaded or refused to answer the question.

No need to disparage his membership in the union, he does a fine job of representing the union.
What he forgets is that there are Legacy pilots on here who were union members long before he was even born, that unions, any unions, are not the end all be all of life, that ALPA has screwed over plenty of pilot groups and are not the always smiling sunshine of hopey changey that he tries to delusionary paint them as. But then we are talking about a guy who had a briefing in accident investigation at an I-Hop and believes he knows as much as a 25 year NTSB investigator.

This thread is now a fun GIF thread!!

pNr8fOx.gif

What he forgets is that there are Legacy pilots on here who were union members long before he was even born, that unions, any unions, are not the end all be all of life, that ALPA has screwed over plenty of pilot groups and are not the always smiling sunshine of hopey changey that he tries to delusionary paint them as. But then we are talking about a guy who had a briefing in accident investigation at an I-Hop and believes he knows as much as a 25 year NTSB investigator.

ALPA certainly isn't perfect. I have always said that. Putting words in my mouth again?

I didn't know we have a 25 year NTSB investigator on here! I know one or two other folks on here who have ever been involved in an NTSB investigation, but no one who has been at it for 25 years who posts on here. I learned a lot in a few days period. Doubtful you could have handled it.

Once again, get over yourself.

Even though you are obviously incapable of it, those are the exact words you need to live by, yourself. Don't keep projecting your own short comings/issues onto others. You reap what you sow.

Last edited:
Phew okay... After having read the two hundred some odd pages to find the handful of paragraphs that are of the utmost importance, I'm. viewing this as an actual win for those seeking to purchase NFA regulated items.

The whole premise of 41p was to require a CLEO sign off for any NFA items purchased. Which, as I'm sure some of you may realize, is up to the whim of the CLEO... Well guess what? Obama's little EOs COMPLETELY DID AWAY WITH THE REQUIREMENT! This opens up suppressors, fully automatic weapons, short barreled rifles and shotguns, and other NFA items for ownership by a lot more people. Specifically those living in areas that required a CLEO sign off previously.

So I have to ask, what exactly is it that you think Obama did to help curb gun violence? Because it looks to me like the balls of 41p were just snipped and this will now make it easier to obtain NFA items for those who previously could not. I honestly can't help but shake my head at some of you gun control supporters. You don't understand what you don't understand.

So I have to ask, what exactly is it that you think Obama did to help curb gun violence?

I'm curious about this, too.

What do any of the people behind these EOs think the actual, tangible impact is going to be.

This is President Obama's second set of "gun control" EOs, and the first two also did nothing tangibly except allow Mr Obama to give his "pen and phone" speech to placate the gun control crowd and show he was "doing something".

If Seggy wants to do a victory dance over this one, well...enjoy that.

this will now make it easier to obtain NFA items for those who previously could not. I honestly can't help but shake my head at some of you gun control supporters. You don't understand what you don't understand.

To be fair, easing up the NFA rules actually does play directly in to the gun control folks' goals.

NFA rules require fingerprints, background checks, registration, and payment of a tax to get the tax stamp. Getting more gun owners background checked and registered sort of does what they want to accomplish.

It doesn't do anything at all to curb violent crime, however. I mean, all of the gangbangers in Chicago were using NFA trusts to get around the fingerprint card requirement in order to buy their $20,000 NFA full autos, but that's beside the point.

Man the Big O aint anti gun but the brother has to make it look good as he rolls around in that dirty dirty gun money!

SHEET today iam gonna go out and buy a AR-15 and name it SEGGY, and i will love it and i will shoot it and every time i fire it ill scream " GET SOME !!!!!!!!!!!!"

Last edited:
I'm curious about this, too.

Once again, we have no clue long term how this EO will affect access to guns. Look at the periphery argument during the Supreme Court case concerning the Constitutionality of the affordable care act. Very few, except for SCOTUSblog saw what was going on with that argument at the time, yet that is what swayed Roberts.

What do any of the people behind these EOs think the actual, tangible impact is going to be.

This is President Obama's second set of "gun control" EOs, and the first two also did nothing tangibly except allow Mr Obama to give his "pen and phone" speech to placate the gun control crowd and show he was "doing something".

If Seggy wants to do a victory dance over this one, well...enjoy that.

We shall see long term how this plays out.

To be fair, easing up the NFA rules actually does play directly in to the gun control folks' goals.

NFA rules require fingerprints, background checks, registration, and payment of a tax to get the tax stamp. Getting more gun owners background checked and registered sort of does what they want to accomplish.

It doesn't do anything at all to curb violent crime, however. I mean, all of the gangbangers in Chicago were using NFA trusts to get around the fingerprint card requirement in order to buy their $20,000 NFA full autos, but that's beside the point.

Do you think the right wing nut jobs like we are seeing in Oregon will follow the laws? Why don't you bring them up? Why do you focus on the 'gangbangers'?

Also, I would respect your position on guns a little more if you look at a lot of the socioeconomic challenges these 'gangbangers' have that leads them to gangs. Maybe if we fix those issue, arguments about gun violence would be a moot point.

Do you think the right wing nut jobs like we are seeing in Oregon will follow the laws? Why don't you bring them up? Why do you focus on the 'gangbangers'?

Also, I would respect your position on guns a little more if you look at a lot of the socioeconomic challenges these 'gangbangers' have that leads them to gangs. Maybe if we fix those issue, arguments about gun violence would be a moot point.

You mean like LBJs Great Society.................................................winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back