Still a good time to go regional?

Dude I've got a scalp of a 767 I beat to landing in bos on the parallels still hanging on the wall from my 1900 days in 07. Don't at me.
I can fly as fast as I want below 10k, I can vector thrust to where I have to peel my eyes off the HUD glass, and there's no such thing as stable approach criteria. I'm @'ing you, bro!

OTOH, I have a CJO, but my class date would wishfully be in May so...you're still beating me.

Once the music stops, everything stops. If majors don’t hire, no one leaves regionals, if no spots at regional CfI, pipeline etc don’t leave, etc etc... the freight will keep flying but the competitiveness for those type of jobs will grow. Add in some of these A-holes dream of age 68 and you have 2000s all
Over again.
“Hold position; readback.”

Because of course this virus comes when I finally have time to be competitive anywhere, bachelors done,etc. I too, am concerned to see a 9/11 slowdown combined with Age 65 stagnation of movement or a combination of factors. Fuel being cheap doesn’t help if there’s no one to pay for it.

The other side is that if I get scooped up near term, I’ll be at the bottom of the list somewhere. Not a happy place to be with so much uncertainty. But how could I not take a chance to go somewhere I’ve always wanted to job-wise? This could apply to someone trying to jump to a regional too.

Right now, the regionals are still short of pilots, so getting in is still probably not a bad idea. Do it before they start getting picky about requirements again!

If either of my top two choices call, I’d still leave C5. If I got furloughed, I’d probably go back to C5, but perhaps only as an instructor or check airman. If I get stuck at C5, same thing, I’ll go into training or become an LCA for a little while if they’ll have me.

AA WOs are still hiring as of right now.
Come on over, the water is ....well, wet.. and I need more junior people under me

According to an update from our CEO today, CommutAir will keep hiring as well. We will continue to hire pilots and mechanics "for the foreseeable future without pause." Flight attendant classes in April and May have been cancelled and will hopefully resume in June. All subject to change of course, but there's a port in the storm here for now.

Last edited:
According to an update from our CEO today, CommutAir will keep hiring as well. We will continue to hire pilots and mechanics "for the foreseeable future without pause." Flight attendant classes in April and May have been cancelled and will hopefully resume in June. All subject to chance of course, but there's a port in the storm here for now.

Glad to hear you guys are weathering the storm.

[mention]86BravoPapa [/mention] Unless you don’t want to burn a bridge at some other airline why would you pull out now? If they say they’ll hire you but cannot issue you a class date how will that sit with you financially; can you keep working your current gig? These are wild days that the world hasn’t experienced yet. Wild times, wild effects, wild President, etc. The economy is still strong, factories aren’t burning down, people aren’t rioting, all this virus crap will pass and the airline industry will pickup where it left off; albeit slowly. I still need to book monthly OO flights to visit my parents regardless of the status of the Wuhan Plague. The field sales and tech reps still need to crisscross the region on a daily basis on the regionals.
Look at the big picture. USA population has risen 17% since 9/11. Air travel is more accessible than ever. US airlines carried 450 million pax in 2019. Compare that to 300 million in 2001 (50% more...)
When the scare monger press was pushing “the Coronavirus will have worse effects to the airlines than 9/11 did”, do a reality check. What were devastating numbers in 2001 are not that bad in 2020.

Wow, this post didn't age well!

Wow, this post didn't age well!
As of September 3rd, 2020, the exact quote from a friend of mine (double-super-ultra-unobtanium member seated in Zone Negative One at SJI as someone who travels and sells and calibrates mass spectrometers for Operation Golden Flow) is: "It takes Admiralty-level authorization for any of us to travel."

Speaking of going to regionals...what's the history of Endeavor's training completion bonus ?

I see their current hiring page shows a $10K bonus. And I've been told that several years ago it was also $10K.

But in the interim, was it dropped to $5K and recently restored to $10K ?

Hard to keep track of this stuff.

Speaking of going to regionals...what's the history of Endeavor's training completion bonus ?

I see their current hiring page shows a $10K bonus. And I've been told that several years ago it was also $10K.

But in the interim, was it dropped to $5K and recently restored to $10K ?

Hard to keep track of this stuff.

Yeah, I think it just went back up to 10k. Good time to get in right now.

Maybe they realized Flo is only at Progressive?

502bbb83ecad04f92f000008

Speaking of bonuses, I see that the March 13, 2021, Air Wisconsin recruiting page says, "...as well as sign-on bonuses up to $5,000!"

"up to" would suggest there are bonus levels less than $5K. How does that work ?

Back