Starbucks or plain Coffee?

You know what's funny MikeD, is that most of the people in SDL are pretty down to earth. But it's the bungholios that drive in from Glendale, Mesa and other surrounding cities to 'bask in Scottsdale' are snots.

Like Kristie and I went out to a adult beverage down the street and some used car salesman (from Tempe) was asking what type of car we drive, own or lease, what model, etc etc etc.

It's like GEEZ man!

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Mmmmmmm ... boobs.

No wait... wrong thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope that one got deleted (or cleaned or whatever)

I too have made it almost 3 years through college without coffee. of course, my brain stops functioning about 10pm anyway, so even if i drank it i'd be awake and doing nothing
tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]yup, i made it thru college without ever having a cup of coffee.. i tried it once, and like beer - its an aquired taste and being the late bloomer i am (notice i'm still in the early 30's and partying the nights away), i wasn't into coffee and i didn't get into beer until later on when the grades really mattered (DOH!).

however, i did drink a lot of coke, jolt and did the vivaran thing every now and then... I'm just a late night person, so it was nothing to me to stay up till 4am studing - but getting up for those 8am classes were TORTURE!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
however, i did drink a lot of coke, jolt and did the vivaran thing every now and then... I'm just a late night person, so it was nothing to me to stay up till 4am studing - but getting up for those 8am classes were TORTURE!

[/ QUOTE ]

I am big fan of any cold coffee drink, preferbly a frap. And about those 8 am classes, they are the worst in the world. Everyone I have had, I have dropped due to lack of attendance and generally having no clue what is going on in the class. I only did that for one year and basically learned that any class for me in the morning I won't learn squat.

Kristie,

The reason coffee tastes better at the coffee houses is the water starts out at a higher temp than what your maker at home can produce. Most of the C-houses around here grind their beans, and the freshness is evident in the flavor. Even if you grind your own at home, the maker still does not get the water hot enough. It is a safety issue since most of the homemakers are made out of plastic. The industrial makers are wired for 220-V whereas the homemakers are only 110-V.

interesting... i didn't know that.. so if i really want starbucks at home - then i need to buy an industrial unit and not one of the 'made for the home" units! ok....good to know!

Thanks!!
grin.gif

Those early classes are killer without coffee. I just got switched from afternoon classes and purely night flying (awesome schedule), to early classes (read "pre-8am") and late morning flying. That transition wouldn't have been possible without coffee for a night-owl like myself!
smile.gif

I spent 2 years working at a lumberyard and got hooked on really bad coffee (4 spoonfuls of fake cream powder and 2 spoonfuls of sugar req'd per cup). However, since I drank it every day, I eventually became addicted to the hardcore taste. Now, I do appreciate Starbucks, especially living in Seattle - land of a million drive-thru espresso shacks - but once or twice a week I'll brew a pot of Maxwell House and dump a ton of cream and sugar in...just to remind me of the good 'ol days.

[ QUOTE ]
I spent 2 years working at a lumberyard

[/ QUOTE ]did you ever do the "YOOOOO HOOOOO" thing that the lumberjacks do up in the alaska area? hahaha
laugh.gif

sorry - I couldn't pass it up.. it was just tooooo easy!!
grin.gif
grin.gif

Starbucks Caramel Machiattos or Dunkin Donuts "Large cream and sugar" for me. I'll drink other coffee at the small airport cafe's or at the hotel if nothing else is available. I'm definitely a coffee addict, and darn proud of it!

Back