Starbucks or plain Coffee?

Coffee is crap, be it foo-foo or regular.

But I'm good at making it.

Check the foo-foo coffee thread in the @squawk

Grande Mocha Frappuchino, please.
(I utter this phrase about 3-4 times a week)
We got a drive-thru starbucks here about two years ago and it is just so darn convenient.

Starbucks is overrated IMHO. I will drink Starbucks but usually prefer others.

Funny thing with Starbucks is that the average coffee conniseur (sp?) really can't tell a difference. If you tell them its Starbucks then 99.99% of the time they will believe them. I have seen it done hundreds of times! I know from experience.

Barnies Coffee is the favorite around here. Starbucks is too inconsistent, and besides, you are supporting Dr. Evil if you buy coffee there!

[ QUOTE ]

1-picture2.jpg

Dr Evil, several years ago we invested in a small, Seattle based coffee company. Today, Starbucks offers premium quality coffee at affordable prices

[/ QUOTE ]

0-picture.gif

1-picture9.jpg

"#2 I will decide how we plot to take over the world, ok? You want to be #1? You want to wear the daddy pants? Go ahead and cry, come on, squirt a little, cry, that's it, come here, poor poor #2."

Almost forgot - If you make your own coffee and if you are a pilot, you should order some of this:

http://www.kenmoreair.vista.com/?cat=132285?communityPath=content/00/01/03/54/05

Kenmore Air Harbor in Seattle makes it's own blend of coffee called "Beaver Blend" named after the workhorse seaplane. I bought some last time I was back home, and I have been making it at work lately. It's awesome stuff, plus it has a little picture of an airplane on the side of the bag which is neat-o.

[ QUOTE ]
Barnies Coffee is the favorite around here. Starbucks is too inconsistent, and besides, you are supporting Dr. Evil if you buy coffee there!

[/ QUOTE ] I like barnie's much better!!! but since they only have them in florida and not in AZ, I drink either starbucks or go down to the new "sacred ground" coffee & wine bar down the street from us..they get their coffee here from Tempe...We know the owners of the place now along with the "wine" girl who happens to be single & pretty -> and she knows her wine's!

I can't be a morning coffee drinker otherwise i'm bound to bounce off walls... and I can't drink coffee too late at night otherwise i'm bound to bounce off walls till 3am...
grin.gif

Coffee is disgusting...plus I'm sure that it is much safer for all when I don;t have caffeine. However a hot apple cider with caramel and whipped cream is nice in the winter.

Tim Hortons for me! Starbucks really is the best though. And has anyone ever bought starbucks beans and made their own at home, if so is it as good as the stuff at the shop?

Didn't Dunkin' Donuts get some award for having the best coffee? A friend of mine who owns a coffee shop says they're coffee is great but he's glad it isn't free-trade and organic or they'd drive him out of business . . .
tongue.gif

You know, Dunkin Donuts coffee is liquid crack. But if I drop by the Boston Dunkin Donuts, I'm going to have a glazed-donut attack and five thousand calories and a diabetic seizure later, it's just not worth it.
smile.gif

Neither.

I'm not a caffine addict, and don't really have plans on becoming one.

I'd much rather be addicted to something fun, like flying
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not a caffine addict, and don't really have plans on becoming one.

[/ QUOTE ]

i'm with you, say no to drugs!
cool.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'd much rather be addicted to something fun, like flying
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's just too bad that flying costs so much more than coffee. You can buy a cup or you can run an engine for what? 20 seconds?
frown.gif

And, Doug, is liquid crack a good thing or a bad thing?
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Tim Hortons for me! Starbucks really is the best though. And has anyone ever bought starbucks beans and made their own at home, if so is it as good as the stuff at the shop?

[/ QUOTE ]we've made that and einstein's coffee at home and neither taste like they do at the stores... i'm thinking it's because they used distilled water or the industrial coffee makers.... not really sure though - but if you could make it as good at home as you could in the store, no one would go to the stores anymore would they?
tongue.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Nah, just that their coffee is SO good!

[/ QUOTE ]

We won't share that with my coffee shop buddy, OK?
grin.gif

speaking of coffee shop buddy... who was the user that just opened a coffee shop in northern AZ? Doug and I were going to go road tripping a few weeks back but lost the address/printed thread with the address/town where the new shop is - one of these days/weekends (not in feb however) we wanna take up your offer on a cup of java made by the "Mrs".
grin.gif

Starbucks is great when I'm on the road.

However, when I'm at home, I go for freshly ground, 100 percent Kona coffee that I get directly from Hawaii.

Nothing better.

The only kinds of coffee I like come with the label Haagen-Daz or Ben and Jerry's (preferrably followed by the words Buzz Buzz Buzz).

[ QUOTE ]
You know, Dunkin Donuts coffee is liquid crack. But if I drop by the Boston Dunkin Donuts, I'm going to have a glazed-donut attack and five thousand calories and a diabetic seizure later, it's just not worth it.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That stuff is so good! Every time I go home I always buy a couple of pounds of "Dunkies" french vanilla coffee to bring back to Indiana with me.

I can't live without my Dunkies coffee!

Back