Starbucks or plain Coffee?

[ QUOTE ]
The wine/coffee bar we frequent in Scottsdale is called "Sacred Grounds" at the corner of E. Bell Road and Thompson Peak Parkway, just east of Westworld.

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool! I'll have to give that place a shot next week!!

Sarah

My old roommate was a Peet's Coffee ADDICT. She would only drink the Peet's coffee that actually came from San Fransisco (like there's a difference?!). So whenever I had SFO overnights I was required to bring her a fresh supply. Personally I can take or leave the stuff. If someone puts it in front of me I'll drink it, but I don't go through the effort to actually make it for myself. My husband, on the other hand, drinks an entire 12 cup pot himself, every day. That can't be good for him.

I think drinking an entire pot of coffee is a pilot thing because I really have to watch it myself!

So I started "french pressing" a single cup in the morning then I'm too lazy to make more then I only have a couple of cups.

Ooh, coffee... be right back!

It has to be a pilot thing ... my dad never drank, smoked or over ate but he'd down four or five cups of coffee per leg on any given trip! Hence why I try not to drink the stuff now ... I figure once I start flying for a living I'll have all the opportunity I can handle.
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[Bell Rd & Thompson Peak...

[/ QUOTE ]

(off-topic)

That sucks.......I used to ride my horse and go shooting "out in the middle of the nowhere desert" of what is now Bell/Thompson Peak.

PHX metro area is getting WAY too big and overcrowded.

(/off-topic)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

(off-topic)

That sucks.......I used to ride my horse and go shooting "out in the middle of the nowhere desert" of what is now Bell/Thompson Peak.

(/off-topic)

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe we should start a citizen/neighborhood action group and lobby/complain to close down half the city. Obviously it's too noisey and dangerous for the children!

[/bad ripoff of airport basher groups]

In my former life, I was a Krispy Kreme manager. The original recipe, as J.T. wrote, was from New O’rleones (sic). It actually got its start in that all night city, need something to keep me going, attitude. The first Krispy Kreme store was in Salem NC, and started as a small doughnut making operation that only sold the product for the wholesale market. People walking down the sidewalk would get a whiff of that famous “Hot-Now” smell and wanted to buy the donuts right there and now. The rest is history. www.krispykreme.com

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I obviously don't live in Phoenix, but I visit Scottsdale each year and have for the past 5 years consecutively - specificallly the Westworld area. It is amazing, every year that we go, how much more crap is built out there than the year before.

So MikeD - you had a horse? Cool!

Sarah (horse owner)

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I obviously don't live in Phoenix, but I visit Scottsdale each year and have for the past 5 years consecutively - specificallly the Westworld area. It is amazing, every year that we go, how much more crap is built out there than the year before.

So MikeD - you had a horse? Cool!

Sarah (horse owner)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup, am a genuine AZ cowboy type, unlike the many urban yuppie wannabe's prevalent in SDL, one of the few AZ natives that exist in the metro areas. Had a mustang that was adopted from the state. Was a neat horse.

[on topic]

and I still don't like coffee

[/on topic]

[ QUOTE ]

[on topic]

and I still don't like coffee

[/on topic]

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to hate coffee, too, until I got to college. Then I started gulping that stuff down every time I had a midterm or final so that I could get another few hours of studying in!

What did you use for the caffeine fix?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

(off-topic)

(/off-topic)

[/ QUOTE ]/backofftopic

you have NO idea how big this city is going to get!! I just found out (as part of my project at work) that the City of Apache Junction may grow to 275,000 residents by 2030. I'll be telling the people of AJ at a public meeting tonight just how big their city is going to get and how big the roads will be too. if you think that's big - the west side is supposed to grow out faster than that in less time.

/backontopic
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
urban yuppie wannabe's prevalent in SDL

[/ QUOTE ] Whateryasaying? yep, i've always wanted to learn how to ride but haven't yet because i'm one of "those" UYWPISDL type.... haha
grin.gif

/onceagainbackontopic

[ QUOTE ]
Mmmmmmm ... boobs.

No wait... wrong thread.

[/ QUOTE ]hey hey hey... this is general topics... get yer threads right!
blush.gif
crazy.gif
shocked.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif

:)

we probably should be moving this to the new "lavatory" about now....

You don't need coffee to survive college...at least I haven't yet and I only have 1 year left
grin.gif
I have learned the art of procrastinating and power napping. Why aren't those elective classes?

[ QUOTE ]
I have learned the art of procrastinating and power napping.

[/ QUOTE ]
Ahhh - a woman after my own heart. I was the KING of cramming for exams and DAILY afternoon naps!!!! GOD I miss naps!!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Mmmmmmm ... boobs.

No wait... wrong thread.

[/ QUOTE ]

nope that one got deleted (or cleaned or whatever)

I too have made it almost 3 years through college without coffee. of course, my brain stops functioning about 10pm anyway, so even if i drank it i'd be awake and doing nothing
tongue.gif

I buy Starbucks Sumatra beans and brew at home. Smoking hot and black, it's the best! An occasional sweet drink is nice, vanila latte however it adds up.

I used to not drink coffee until I had to be in the operating room at 0630 my freshman year of college.

Back