Squat Switch

Yup. Every time you swing the gear.
You know...there's a lot of planes much cheaper that automatically test things like antiskid automatically on gear deployment....you'd think for what, $50-70 mil, G-String could include that?

I've sat on the Customs ramp in LRD while my copilot (not Mojo, for the record) climbed out the emergency exit and jumped on the wing to get the squat switch to close so the starter would engage. The things you do on the go-home leg.

You know...there's a lot of planes much cheaper that automatically test things like antiskid automatically on gear deployment....you'd think for what, $50-70 mil, G-String could include that?

I've sat on the Customs ramp in LRD while my copilot (not Mojo, for the record) climbed out the emergency exit and jumped on the wing to get the squat switch to close so the starter would engage. The things you do on the go-home leg.
How else are you supposed to earn that fancy Gulfstream jacket?

UAL747400 said:
Interesting. So as long as the wheels spin up, you have the brakes on the 717? I can't imagine they would spin up to the speed required if you bounced. Maybe though? Our proximity sensors (which are just magnets), lock us out of beta and reverse. Gets interesting when we're light... It goes in eventually, but not when initially commanded and definitely needs minor adjustment. Not a big deal though since beta and reverse are pretty much worthless... :) I think our 1900s are the same way. Wheel speed only, but they still have brakes immediately. Just not power brakes or anti-skid protection. Agian, forgive any slight or erroneous inaccuracies. Haven't been in the Brasilia in a month
I would guess they would. On the Challenger, the ground spoilers fellow after wheel spin up and both thrust levers at idle. So if you were to take off and leave the gear down, it is possible for them to deploy if you retard the throttles.

I would guess they would. On the Challenger, the ground spoilers fellow after wheel spin up and both thrust levers at idle. So if you were to take off and leave the gear down, it is possible for them to deploy if you retard the throttles.

There isn't an RA restriction? On the CRJ version you need an RA of less than some number I can't remember any more.

Ground spoilers that deploy solely based on wheel speed sensors and throttle position? Would be new to me. Are you sure?

knot4u said:
Ground spoilers that deploy solely based on wheel speed sensors and throttle position? Would be new to me. Are you sure?
According to the guys at CAE, but I would think it need WoW. I'll have to do some reading.

Back