Spirit Furloughing

I'm not sure why we're all writing obituaries. It sounds like they have the possibility of bankruptcy, but even so, it sounds like IF that happens, it will be a restructuring bankruptcy. It's not a sign of fun times ahead, but almost every airline out there has been through one or more already.
Because it's still an unknown and a crappy thing for anyone to go through while they're just trying to feed their family, particularly when it's not a 2005-2008 situation where everyone is flirting with bankruptcy.

And implying that I don't have any, too. What a maroon.

Particularly when in the exact same post he quoted you stated it was bad for Spirit.

Let’s see what ATBlue said:

I think we can all agree in hindsight that the DOJs decision was bad for the public,
“not all of us conclude this”

So ATBlue concludes that the DOJ decision was not bad for the public. Essentially, you support this merger being turned down, because by implication, it’s good for the public. You therefore have to subsequently support what is happening to the individual airline as a result of the fallout.

For the record, the DOJ decision was terrible for the public, terrible for JetBlue, and terrible for Spirit.

Let’s see what ATBlue said:

“not all of us conclude this”

So ATBlue concludes that the DOJ decision was not bad for the public. Essentially, you support this merger being turned down, because by implication, it’s good for the public. You therefore have to subsequently support what is happening to the individual airline as a result of the fallout.

For the record, the DOJ decision was terrible for the public, terrible for JetBlue, and terrible for Spirit.
You act like Spirit’s turmoil is all because the merger was blocked. It’s not. Doug has spent his entire career helping and volunteering to further the career for his fellow pilots. What exactly have you done other than run your mouth?

You act like Spirit’s turmoil is all because the merger was blocked. It’s not. Doug has spent his entire career helping and volunteering to further the career for his fellow pilots. What exactly have you done other than run your mouth?

It was exacerbated when the DOJ turned them down. Had that not been the case, the merger would have closed this January once the DOJ approved. Sure, jetBlue would have made some tough decisions but it wouldn’t be worse than the current scenario playing out. Plus, things like a TPA you can fight for protections like no furlough for 2 yrs.

I’ve helped pilots here in regards to VX back in the day (2012-2016), and a couple for virtual shop as well.

Back