Spirit Furloughing

Oh I read it. Dumb government doesn’t know Frontier operates up to 3x daily DEN-DCA?

“The department ruled that Frontier Airlines and Spirit Airlines weren’t eligible because Congress limited the contest to carriers that already operate flights at Reagan National.”

When considering the applications, preference went to flights that “enhance options for nonstop travel to beyond-perimeter airports that do not have nonstop service,” according to the legislation.
Seems fair to me and more beneficial to people to connect to AS’s way bigger route network. Shouldn’t you be happy about this?

Seems fair to me and more beneficial to people to connect to AS’s way bigger route network. Shouldn’t you be happy about this?

I’m happy my shop seems to be getting a new route.

Still, despite the merger, I don’t pretend my shop is in the realm of the big 4. There’s the big 4, and then everybody else. And the govt allowed them to become what they are today, while attempting to squash the little guys.

For the record, seems silly to me. Go to IAD and take the silver line. DCA is a •show.

I’m happy my shop seems to be getting a new route.

Still, despite the merger, I don’t pretend my shop is in the realm of the big 4. There’s the big 4, and then everybody else. And the govt allowed them to become what they are today, while attempting to squash the little guys.
I don't think this is the case at all in this instance.

Goddammit. We wanted one of those for a new DCA-SJU leg.

DCA is one of the most convenient metro airports in the country, if not the most. IAD is still an hour away on the metro.

So true. In the time it takes me to drive to the IAD employee lot, park, shuttle, TSA, gate, I can Metro to DCA and be on board a flight to JFK or LGA and at LEAST halfway there....

DCA. IAD I'm kind of indifferent to, I haven't been through there in at least 5 years.
I like Dulles. Spent a lot of time going into/out of there due to going to Valo (ALPA office at Tyson's Corner). I realize it sounds somewhat de minimus but I'll happily spend the time to save the dues-payers the need to pay for a rideshare or cab.

I do dislike how far from the terminal the Silver Line is, I really do - it makes taking that train entirely too much of a bag drag and it makes the Sound Transit Link 1 Line connection at SeaTac (the distances involved from the station to the terminal is longer than it needs to be there, too, due to post-September 11, 2001 hysteria and no other valid reasons) look positively excellent by comparison.

I've been bid avoiding that airport for a while. Getting out of there is just a massive pain every time.
I haven’t actually operated there but I’ve jumpseated plenty and I haven’t gotten the impression that it was any worse than any other Class B. What am I missing?

Back