Spirit Furloughing

Occasionally I’ll do the Catholic cross motion thing
Shame on you, young man! You're being very insensitive and terrible. You're just asking for NPR and FNN to do stories about you. Also, if you don't do the cross thing in the right order and side-to-side direction, it doesn't work. In fact, a lot of people are saying you may be summoning some other thing.

kind of surprised the Boeing hit squad hasn’t surfaced at P&W headquarters, honestly. If every airline with P&W gliders parked on the ramp split the cost evenly, it really wouldn’t be much of an expense.

Shame on you, young man! You're being very insensitive and terrible. You're just asking for NPR and FNN to do stories about you. Also, if you don't do the cross thing in the right order and side-to-side direction, it doesn't work. In fact, a lot of people are saying you may be summoning some other thing.

Its OMNI OMNI VORRRR right?

But are ya REALLY stable or just saying "500 stable"? :)
Stable is as stable does (in the last 500 feet remaining) :p

To the larger perceived "instability" questioned in this thread. I'm not sure that Spirit's problems aren't just stupid management tricks. I'm not convinced yet that they represent systemic issues in the industry. Pax and freight demand (the stuff most airplanes carry) still seems stable or better.

I have a patent out for a fully and nearly-perfectly stable approach until 30 feet. It's like girls gone wild after that, but the girl has an N-number rather than a name

My first 4 months on the line the landings were all great. I’ve seemed to find the mid season slump these last few trips. One was almost a keep the door closed kind of arrival

Earnings were worse than expected. Of course, Florida weather and ATC are to blame. Looking pretty grim.
Yeah it’s definitely a weird time. Not that it’s the only reason but between Boeing and P&W, American manufacturing is really kicking this industry in the teeth. I’m in the top
30ish percent at NK and if that goes away, I really don’t think I have the desire anymore to start over at another airline. After commuting the last 12 years and finally getting to a comfortable spot I just don’t think the lifestyle associated with it gives me enough drive to start over.

Yeah it’s definitely a weird time. Not that it’s the only reason but between Boeing and P&W, American manufacturing is really kicking this industry in the teeth. I’m in the top
30ish percent at NK and if that goes away, I really don’t think I have the desire anymore to start over at another airline. After commuting the last 12 years and finally getting to a comfortable spot I just don’t think the lifestyle associated with it gives me enough drive to start over.
It’s hard to find a decent job out there. 2nd year pay at legacies is a lot better than the majority of jobs in the real world.

Earnings were worse than expected. Of course, Florida weather and ATC are to blame. Looking pretty grim.

Listening to the townhall wasn’t exactly inspiring. “We have big plans,” but not telling anyone what they are. At this point I’m just along for the ride since I’m on ltd, but my magic 8 ball says “out look not so good.”
giphy.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m right there with you, you’re senior to me, I sit at 36% and the thought of commuting to reserve again just has me feeling all kinds of negative emotions, as I’ve spent half my time at Spirit on reserve.

With all the hiring at the legacies over the last few years and most of those people being younger than me (I’m 37) I’d never see 36% on a seniority list ever again, and if I do, it will only be the last few years.

If it all goes away, I’ll hunt down a local corporate job.

Im not sure if it is a taboo opinion, but i hope our shops resume talks, if they already havent. Really think a ULCC conglomerate could perform well.

My heart goes out to everyone at NK, as I try to sleep at night with the insecurities of being “too small to keep alive”, but Id like to think the environment exists for us to become a real player.

Keep the faith. Reach out when and where you need.

Back