Spirit Furloughing

my neighbors Son-in-law is a Spirit CA (albeit still young <35) but he is pretty upset...I'm trying to help him get on with AA...but there's a long line to a class date these days.. (9 months+)

NK folks reach out to everyone you know...we're here to help!

Im not sure if it is a taboo opinion, but i hope our shops resume talks, if they already havent. Really think a ULCC conglomerate could perform well.
I don't think there's anything taboo about this take, and I think that it would have been an easier 'sell' to the regulators too. But that and $3.70 gets you a hot cup of tea out here.

I think we can all agree in hindsight that the DOJs decision was bad for the public, and bad for Spirit. This is sad to see and I hope there is a happy ending somewhere in here...

Reactions: HJB
not all of us conclude this

but yes

Well, JB was going to kill the model that has proven to be dead already, and absorb the people, assets, maybe routes etc. in into the JB brand. I think we are looking at the real possibility of Spirit Airlines going away completely. As it is right now, the airline is essentially worthless as a brand. Nobody wants or needs to save the Spirit name. The airplanes and other assets can be bought and absorbed by anyone and everyone right now and simply folded into their growth plans without any positive impact to the customers that Spirit currently serves. The stock is basically worthless and there is a looming bankruptcy that is coming in the next several days it sounds like. I can't possibly fathom how this current outcome is better for the public than the merger with JB in hindsight.

Randomly the day before this happened I spent 6 hours updating my log book and applying to the big 3. I’m super comfortable and would hate to leave but it is what it is. The same day the stock fell the union sent an email that said schedules are being cut for October and beyond and hinted that more furloughs are around the corner. My guess would be that furloughs will be announced Oct 10th and I wouldn’t be surprised if the number was higher than the last round.

Back