Spirit and Frontier to Merge

Frontier seems to be doing a lot of flying out of DFW. No talk of it becoming a base? Congrats!
There has been a lot of rumors and knowing my luck, I'll get to class and frontier will announce a DFW base

Last edited:
“U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren urged federal airline regulators to block JetBlue Airways Corp.’s proposed merger with Spirit Airlines Inc. by invoking a rarely used authority from the 1950s to argue that the $3.8 billion deal isn’t “consistent with the public interest.”

“DOT has the statutory authority to block mergers that it determines are inconsistent with the public interest at the agency level without having to go to court — a significant advantage over DOJ — and you have an enormous opportunity to protect consumers nationwide by using this authority aggressively,” Warren wrote.

Warren cited Spirit’s own analysis that a JetBlue deal raises antitrust concerns as evidence the agency should find the deal is against the public interest. The airline prepared the analysis for investors in May as shareholders considered competing bids from JetBlue and Frontier Group Holdings Inc.”

“U.S. Sen. Elizabeth Warren urged federal airline regulators to block JetBlue Airways Corp.’s proposed merger with Spirit Airlines Inc. by invoking a rarely used authority from the 1950s to argue that the $3.8 billion deal isn’t “consistent with the public interest.”

“DOT has the statutory authority to block mergers that it determines are inconsistent with the public interest at the agency level without having to go to court — a significant advantage over DOJ — and you have an enormous opportunity to protect consumers nationwide by using this authority aggressively,” Warren wrote.

Warren cited Spirit’s own analysis that a JetBlue deal raises antitrust concerns as evidence the agency should find the deal is against the public interest. The airline prepared the analysis for investors in May as shareholders considered competing bids from JetBlue and Frontier Group Holdings Inc.”

I really can’t stand that woman.

What is Warren’s interest in all of this, have to wonder.

But...

...Why? ... I'm with @MikeD . Interesting.

She got famous trying to fight the too big to fail thing. I'd say this is pretty on brand for her.

But we’re not talking about AA merging with someone. This creates what? the 5th or 6th largest airline? The more other relatively large airlines there are gives you more ability to let the biggest fail.

ALPA assures me we donate to Warren (among many others on both sides) because they’re friends of the industry. I’m wondering the why on this also.

But we’re not talking about AA merging with someone. This creates what? the 5th or 6th largest airline? The more other relatively large airlines there are gives you more ability to let the biggest fail.

ALPA assures me we donate to Warren (among many others on both sides) because they’re friends of the industry. I’m wondering the why on this also.
ALPA PAC also donates to my local congressman who is a pilot as well. At one point he was vehemently opposed the Part 117 rest rules. Go figure.

She got famous trying to fight the too big to fail thing. I'd say this is pretty on brand for her.

Oh, it’s definitely on brand. Which is why I can’t stand her.

ALPA PAC also donates to my local congressman who is a pilot as well. At one point he was vehemently opposed the Part 117 rest rules. Go figure.

The PAC’s criteria have been off ever since Moak came along.

Back