Spirit and Frontier to Merge

Ian_J

Hubschrauber Flieger
Good? Bad? Bit of both?

Frontier Airlines and Spirit Airlines, the two largest low-cost carriers in the U.S. have agreed to merge, creating what would become the fifth largest airline in the country. The boards of both companies approved the deal over the weekend, prior to the CEOs of both airlines announcing the agreement in New York City.

Not really surprised. I’ve long said the next merger was going to be among the ULCCs. F9, NK, or Alleigant.

“ Spirit investors will receive 1.9126 shares of Frontier plus $2.13 in cash for each Spirit share they own. The companies say the deal implies a value of $25.83 per Spirit share, which would be a 19% premium over the value of Spirit shares at the end of last week. “

When VX was bought, it was cash out at 57/share. It doesn’t look like it’s the same way here?

What does this mean as a SAVE stockholder? Receive 1.9126 shares of frontier? That’s if you own 1 SAVE share you get 1.9126? And an additional 2.13/cash per share?

I got 1,150 SAVE shares. Trying to see what this all implies.

Well holy •. I'm currently in class at Frontier. It's my first airline after making the jump from Corporate and 135. It seems exciting especially since being so junior I have nothing to lose, but what can I expect if it gets approved from the antitrust?

I've been waiting for this day. I have ideas for their new name and paint job if they need some. New name should be Frontier Spirit (rolls off the tongue nice, makes sense since Frontier got the bigger piece). Paint scheme: mostly yellow as a meeger win for the Spirit folks but with the Frontier animals on the tail. Current Frontier font on the side. Call sign: Bananimal! Keeps the fun alive, ditches both old boring call signs.

I've been waiting for this day. I have ideas for their new name and paint job if they need some. New name should be Frontier Spirit (rolls off the tongue nice, makes sense since Frontier got the bigger piece). Paint scheme: mostly yellow as a meeger win for the Spirit folks but with the Frontier animals on the tail. Current Frontier font on the side. Call sign: Bananimal! Keeps the fun alive, ditches both old boring call signs.

I only approve this if our call sign changes to either, Animal House or Zookeepers.

I'm expecting a full rebrand though.

Remember that show Upload on Amazon prime?

Mega-airline corporation Frontier Spirit United offers 30-minute flights from New York to Los Angeles with the option of Economy Minus.

Back