Spirit and Frontier to Merge

I definitely will be displaced, but commuting to reserve is killing me, so the wife and I decided that I we’re done with commuting.

…just waiting for a class date at AA

I certainly can't disagree with cutting out commuting. It's hard to know what to do, or not do, for Brand F.

I certainly can't disagree with cutting out commuting. It's hard to know what to do, or not do, for Brand F.
Yeah not an easy decision, but when the wife is sick of 12 years of commuting…had to make a change…also DFW to MIA is not an easy commute

Fairly easy seniority integration right? Both airlines been around about the same time I think.

Yeah No, Jetblue was a much bigger airline before NK grew, A lot of Nk guys are gonna take a big hit here. I'm a 5 year CA at NK, and worst case i'm gonna lose about 17%, best case around 5% Most NK guys around 4-10 years are in the same boat.

Finally…those terrible bright yellow paintjobs will disappear. Just like they did with Hughes Air West and their Flying Banana paint jobs.

Should've kept the grey/black livery; that one looked sharp.
It's like I always say. Sure, it's ugly, but you are talking about it. ;)

Yeah No, Jetblue was a much bigger airline before NK grew, A lot of Nk guys are gonna take a big hit here. I'm a 5 year CA at NK, and worst case i'm gonna lose about 17%, best case around 5% Most NK guys around 4-10 years are in the same boat.
Sounds like a situation ripe for attrition to increase exponentially.

Are you surprised by this at all?

And the Spirit board clearly thinks that there’s better value in the latter than the former.

In what should be a surprise to absolutely no one, you’re simply looking at how much you as a shareholder stand to make right now instead of the potential of the combination of the two companies.

So……………..

jurassic-park-being-right.gif

;)

At the end of the day, it’s all about money and what shareholders wanted. I couldn’t care less what the BOD preferred. I got tons of literature in the mail telling me to please vote yes for the merger with Frontier. Yeah, no thanks. I didn’t want to leave money on the table for some assumption that a combined F9/NK would do better in the future. I voted no, as did (clearly) a majority of the SAVE stockholders.

Great looking livery but I imagine too classy looking. Didn’t fit their business model.

damn……no holds barred! :)

“we can’t have trash dressed up in an Armani suit. Get rid of that smart livery, now!”

So……………..

jurassic-park-being-right.gif

;)

At the end of the day, it’s all about money and what shareholders wanted. I couldn’t care less what the BOD preferred. I got tons of literature in the mail telling me to please vote yes for the merger with Frontier. Yeah, no thanks. I didn’t want to leave money on the table for some assumption that a combined F9/NK would do better in the future. I voted no, as did (clearly) a majority of the SAVE stockholders.

You’re not right about anything here. Your claim that the board has a responsibility to accept the highest monetary offer is still incorrect.

I gotta ask, how did you determine that NK pilots are going to take a big hit? I’m not super knowledgeable about ALPA’s merger policy but it’s supposed to be a mix of DOH and career expectations correct? I would expect anyone who’s been at NK more than 5 years should actually do pretty decent but then again, I really don’t know what I’m talking about.

Back