Speaking of Network JC

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
Looks like I'm going to have to roughly organize SOMETHING so what type of things would you just like to see during the networking event?

What's the most likely thing you're going to say "Dang, I wish we'd have done (insert event here) during NetworkJC?"

Wow. I can come up with a lot of ideas that would be instantly shot down unless MikeD is in charge!

I think we need to rent Elizabeth Barkley's best movie ever to get us in the mood. If we don't fall asleep first or hurt ourselves laughing so hard.

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bandit.gif

I mean for the main networking event. Of course it being LAS, it's going to be out of control later on that evening, but so far we've got meeting space, a big blank slate and potentially some awesome door prizes (if things work out).

While those are perfectly fine ideas that Emily has suggested, the topic left open far dirtier possibilities. That's all I'm sayin'.

I really don't know that we'll need much more than just meeting each other. There are probably enough of us showing up that we can easily blow three hours.

If you could arrange for various airlines to show up and hire me on the spot, that would be nice.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/spin2.gif

I guess the group is a little big to go to the Pink Taco again..that was fun last time..

First I thought, "Hey! Three hour meet'n'greet cocktail hour!" but I have visions of Reno911 showing up to arrest me if a sub-21 year old picked up some alcohol at the event.

[ QUOTE ]
Wow. I can come up with a lot of ideas that would be instantly shot down unless MikeD is in charge!

[/ QUOTE ]No No No.. DURING Network JC.. the actual 4-6pm event slot....DUH!

You know what might be cool? Some kind of icebreaker kind of thing. That would help get people talking to each other.

My big vision for the event was to get people in the same room, get some numbers exchanged and network because that's how things really happen in this field. It's a lot less of where you went to school or what your diploma says, it's more about who you know.

But there's got to be some sort of 'order', if you will, to the event. I'd hate to have people fly halfway across the country to stand in a room and stare at 30 other people staring back. Of course that really isn't our type of crowd judging from DougFest '03 and the SoCal thing last weekend... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Well, after a speach from the Founders of JC......j/k /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif That's really a hard question given the different levels of experience that will be there. If it's something industry specific, what one finds useful may be not as helpful ot others.

I agree that after meeting everyone, there might not be as much time as we think. For me personally I would be interested to hear what some of the stumbling blocks are that people have faced along the way. But then again alot of that has been covered here on the site.

Maybe we could have each person introduce someone else. Kind of an inteview/introduction tyoe thing. But then again, many of us know each other from the site.

Ughhhhh !!! I struck my own idea down. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/banghead.gif

I am sure whatever happens it will be something to remember.

[ QUOTE ]
You know what might be cool? Some kind of icebreaker kind of thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe my idea of inteview/introduction thing ain't so bad. It works well qwhen people really don't know each other too well.

Yeah man, people totally just start talking. I mean heck, I think me and Russ (FL270) were insulting each other before we got to the rental car from the terminal.

Good times.

One thing for sure is that the people who haven't met other members of the website are going to absolutely "trip out" when they do.

This is perhaps the friendliest group of...err.. 3,000 people you'll ever meet from any website. No egos, loads of fun and everyone gets along famously. It's almost surreal.

Perhaps we should invite the LAS chapter of the "99's" to come join us?

[ QUOTE ]
Maybe my idea of inteview/introduction thing ain't so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I should say a little about it.

Break of into groups of two and each person interviews the other and then kind of introduces them to the group. Usually you have a few questions and the conversation just goes from there. It works well when breaking the ice where people really don't now each other too well. It beats standing up and saying:
"Hi, My Name is Jim Perrone and I'm a JetCareers Addict"
<groups responds> Welcome Jim ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
One thing for sure is that the people who haven't met other members of the website are going to absolutely "trip out" when they do.

This is perhaps the friendliest group of...err.. 3,000 people you'll ever meet from any website. No egos, loads of fun and everyone gets along famously. It's almost surreal.

Perhaps we should invite the LAS chapter of the "99's" to come join us?

[/ QUOTE ]but we only have 40 people signed up.. not 3,000.....

comeon people.. register, get there.. it's basically free (except for the hotel room).. next year, it might not BE free.....

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Maybe my idea of inteview/introduction thing ain't so bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe I should say a little about it.

Break of into groups of two and each person interviews the other and then kind of introduces them to the group. Usually you have a few questions and the conversation just goes from there. It works well when breaking the ice where people really don't now each other too well. It beats standing up and saying:
"Hi, My Name is Jim Perrone and I'm a JetCareers Addict"
<groups responds> Welcome Jim ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]I dunno.. I kinda like that that AA type of introduction! it'll be hard to remember what everyone's into much less the name to the face!

Doug... maybe we should make it a karaoke event and have introductions that way? cuz you know.. karaoke uses a microphone too! haha /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/blush.gif

Back