Southwest tries to redecorate LGA tower

That looks like it involves math. No thanks.
Using one's rudder (and commensurate aileron)... even all the way to the stops... to keep the three required lines aligned does NOT take math. It's much more like throwing a pitch or shooting a hoop. Act accordingly. Or don't. But don't ever get so insanely polywampus that the tower screams at you to go around (especially when they, apparently, are doing do for fear of being hit.)

Depends. Did you grow up wanting to be a pilot? Or a glorified computer operator? 🫣🤭
Yeah. Truth. I've actually heard this, er, stuff on comms. "Our [aircraft type] doesn't do well on runway 09." Oh, really??? Do tell why not?

Sounds like #AlaskaProblems

The -200 had no speed tape and no problem with the flap setting.

But let’s talk about flap settings, why the hell does a modern jet have like 38 individual flap detents?! We’ve got Up(0)/1/2/3/Full(4) on the bus and it works pretty well. Well, technically 5 if you want to talk 1 and 1+F
1+F is for the ladies

Came within 67’ of the tower

“With as little as.”

I don’t buy that they came within 67’. You don’t come within a wing length of a building, close enough to see their coffee mugs and then ask “why’d u make us go around??”

United is going to get hammered in the news for this 😂. Article seems pretty clickbaity. That 67 feet is based on the delta between the tower height and the lowest point of the ADSB track. No mention to how far laterally they were. Did they • up? Probably. Not really worth discussing until when/if we get some hard info from the feds.

“With as little as.”

I don’t buy that they came within 67’. You don’t come within a wing length of a building, close enough to see their coffee mugs and then ask “why’d u make us go around??”

I do know the tower controller told us the belly of the plane filled up the entire window and that he was pretty sure “if I was on the catwalk I could have reached out and touched it.” They were shook up.

United is going to get hammered in the news for this 😂. Article seems pretty clickbaity. That 67 feet is based on the delta between the tower height and the lowest point of the ADSB track. No mention to how far laterally they were. Did they • up? Probably. Not really worth discussing until when/if we get some hard info from the feds.

I know your Reddit account now 😂😂

“With as little as.”

Well, the counter point to that is that those controllers see and hear a lot of stuff every day and I have NEVER heard a greater NYC area air traffic controller sound like that on the radio, ever.

Back