Southwest Pilots have a TA

Their retirement program has always sucked when compared to the other big carriers.

Not Southwest bashing, but other than their pay (in the last 15 years) and the fact that the company is able to build super efficient pairings (mostly) there isn't a whole lot of industry leading CBA provisions over there.

Rumor is, SW is having trouble filling classes. ATN, can you comment on that?

Everyone's got no shows, trust me on this.

The recruitment business is largely, "The Earlybird Gets the Worm" and there is a load of talent poaching right now.

There are a lot of "that's great, but that was also the year 2000 we're talking about, this is a different climate in 2015" conversations going on at a lot of different shops.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! You're right, the ones from Spirit aren't trashed out. Come on man you're much better than this.

I think Spirit has/had one of the sharpest liveries with the former black/grey, which I understand is getting or has gotten replaced?

But as far as I can tell:
E175<A320<UH60

Sikorsky_aircraft_logo.gif

Sikorsky is no more. Lockheed product now. :)

What an abomination.

That sign used to say "Fly DC10 Jets" at one time apparently, removed after the early accidents and perceived problems with the DC-10, hence the space between the DC and Jets.

The recruitment business is largely, "The Earlybird Gets the Worm" and there is a load of talent poaching right now.

There are a lot of "that's great, but that was also the year 2000 we're talking about, this is a different climate in 2015" conversations going on at a lot of different shops.

At my shop, we can't hold onto our fixed-wing only guys to save our lives. Nearly all pulling the handles to 121.

The A320 is superior to the 737

Did you seriously just say that?!? I love the A320 and if I don't have to move to a different jet for the remainder of my career, that'd be just fine by me (unless it's A330 differences)...but holy cow, for the past 2 years you couldn't talk more POO about Airbus vs the superior Boeing products.

Did I miss your sarcasm tag?!?

Did you seriously just say that?!? I love the A320 and if I don't have to move to a different jet for the remainder of my career, that'd be just fine by me (unless it's A330 differences)...but holy cow, for the past 2 years you couldn't talk more POO about Airbus vs the superior Boeing products.

Seggy is the biggest fair weather fan of a particular airplane type, depending on if he's on it or or not. That's been apparent ever since his touch and go at Spirit to fanagle a free 320 type, in order to walk it over to his current shop. Then, Airbii were the hit, no question. Until going to the 737, then if it ain't Boeing yada yada yada, now back full circle to the Airbii since he happens to be on one. Hell, if he was back to the 1900D for some reason, Beechcraft products would trump all. :D

Last edited:
Seggy is the biggest fair weather fan of a particular airplane type, depending on if he's on it or or not. That's been apparent ever since his touch and go at Spirit to fanagle a free type, in order to walk it over to his current shop. Then, Airbii were the hit, no question. Until going to the 737, then if it ain't Boeing yada yada yada, now back full circle to the Airbii since he happens to be on one. Hell, if he was back to the 1900D for some reason, Beechcraft products would trump all. :D

Right!?! It's really comical...

I had a report recently from a former military bud who says there were a handful of guys in his class who either no-showed to the class or left during training to go to other airlines.

Seggy is the biggest fair weather fan of a particular airplane type, depending on if he's on it or or not. That's been apparent ever since his touch and go at Spirit to fanagle a free 320 type, in order to walk it over to his current shop. Then, Airbii were the hit, no question. Until going to the 737, then if it ain't Boeing yada yada yada, now back full circle to the Airbii since he happens to be on one. Hell, if he was back to the 1900D for some reason, Beechcraft products would trump all. :D

I'm always surprised that nobody realizes they're being trolled by @Seggy 90% of the time and let themselves get pulled into the rabbit hole.

Flying Saluki said:
It's all about choices. It would seem the other things were more important to them.

Not really. It barely passed the BOD vote, and a large portion of the pilots group is revolting. Seems to be Delta TA all over again.

blee256 said:

I've heard from friends that a few people have no showed, but nothing beyond that. I seriously doubt they're having trouble keeping up with hiring needs.

MikeD said:

Well, in fairness, the Hondo is pretty awesome. :)

Well...

I just upgraded at my shop, and after 7.5 years as a FO, I have no desire to spend the better part of 2 decades waiting to upgrade.

I can handle the 10+ years at United, AA, Delta, if there's some sort of light at the end of the tunnel. Combine that with the ability to be a FO in multiple types, and a retirement not requiring a match, I can see why Southwest has problems. The only way I'd go there is if they offered a signing bonus, and then I'd still try to leave.

Right!?! It's really comical...

Stockholm Syndrome.

Back