Southwest Pilots have a TA

I miss the 9. Maybe it was just because it was my first jet, but I sure loved that machine. Coolest part was that when I was in middle school I would cut class and ride my bike to the airport. Sit at the end of 28R in PIT and watch the Allegheny / USAir DC9s landing. Then, years later, I was flying those very same airplanes.

That was in the era before the RJ scourge... when an armada of those little locusts darkened the skies stealing mainline jobs.

You never forget your first...wait, what are we talking about? Well, if it floats, flies, or...

I think we are still talking about the same thing. Carry on.

AS just started service to JFK this week; Wednesday was the first flight! I don't think I'd bid JFK overnights, though it would entirely depend on where the hotel is. Actually, none of that matters cause I'll likely be an ANC stuck reserve beatch for quite some time.

That's awesome man. Did a SES rating up there in Kenai back in '03 and spent a couple days in Anchorage. Wanna get back up there for a visit.

Or scenes like this:

0794705.jpg

And then I heard the angels....

There is simply so much win in this picture, they should have sent a poet.

But for the record, the bowling shoe rulez over the Coors can.

Richman

But for the record, the bowling shoe rulez over the Coors can.

Richman

Yeah. Both are represented here still, one 747-200 and a DC-9 in the former, and a couple of DC-9s in the latter. All except the 747 awaiting the scrappers blade.

Yeah. Both are represented here still, one 747-200 and a DC-9 in the former, and a couple of DC-9s in the latter. All except the 747 awaiting the scrappers blade.

You love seeing those parked airline jets, don't ya? :)

What routes did the shuttle do back in the day?

I think the same ones it does currently. However, that looks like PHL (C20, if I may be so bold). They were probably transitioning the airplane back onto regular routes.

Back