Southwest Opening Sept.

Got a TBNT even though my phone interviewer said I did great. :rolleyes:
Yeah same. The reality of it is though that they used recruiters from all over the country and to help field applicants and then forwarded it over to the person that was over this hiring bid. If this round was anything like the last time, they could’ve taken a much higher preference to internals (almost half of the last class was internals). But there doesn’t seem to be rhyme or reason to how they do it.

Historically my shop has always had a lot of people be interviewed or given a job there but this round they only offered it to 2 people out of the 10-15 that applied. Most of us had scores in the 80’s. But then I knew a guy who went to another shop and made a 90 that wasn’t even given the offer to interview.

That being said. The lowest score I’ve seen anyone have and be offered the interview was 88%.

does anyone know if they used scores + phone interview to choose who moved forward to the final interview? Felt like my phone interview went really well.

This will all come down to who we know all scores and knowledge placed by the wayside, typical big company politics in its finest form.

• Haha
Reactions: TK9
This will all come down to who we know all scores and knowledge placed by the wayside, typical big company politics in its finest form.
they look at everything. there definitely is some favoritism towards those who have solid referrals, but every airline does this. the training you get here is top notch. they can teach you everything there is to know about dispatching. what they can’t teach is attitude and working well with others, so having someone who can vouch for you regarding those qualities is huge

they look at everything. there definitely is some favoritism towards those who have solid referrals, but every airline does this. the training you get here is top notch. they can teach you everything there is to know about dispatching. what they can’t teach is attitude and working well with others, so having someone who can vouch for you regarding those qualities is huge
I second this. Preachhh.

Good to know. I’m an internal but I will definitely have some of my friends who currently DX or in the NOC try to refer me next time.

I didn't ask for feedback but received a weird email from them anyway.
If you don’t mind sharing through PM I’d appreciate it! Trying to work on stuff for the next posting, I will reach out to recruiters again next week since interviews will be over by then.

So like the poster said...who you know?

look i thought i nailed the phone interview the first time i applied, then i got the tbnt and felt crushed. i’ve heard from multiple people that it usually takes a few times applying to get in. and in my own experience, i think that’s true. it’s competitive, and they like seeing you apply multiple times and getting further in the process each time

if southwest is your goal, keep trying. you will eventually get in. but there are other fish in the skies

Congrats to those that received CJO’s. To those that didn’t, like someone said, there are other fish in the skies. Meanwhile. Keep on keepin on. It’s been interesting having to change gears between different interviews and styles with each carrier. This was my first go around so I’m just happy to get the experience and the first time jitters out of the way.

Here’s hoping DL decides to do a class with more than just Endeavor and internals next year. But whooooooo knows?

Congrats to those that received CJO’s. To those that didn’t, like someone said, there are other fish in the skies. Meanwhile. Keep on keepin on. It’s been interesting having to change gears between different interviews and styles with each carrier. This was my first go around so I’m just happy to get the experience and the first time jitters out of the way.

Here’s hoping DL decides to do a class with more than just Endeavor and internals next year. But whooooooo knows?

From what I hear from people there, Endeavor doesn’t have any flow program; they are considered external like everyone

Back