Southwest Opening Sept.

Dying to get in with SW how do i get in touch with a recruiter? I have 5 plus years mainline experience just want to come back to dallas since this is home..thanks for any help

Dying to get in with SW how do i get in touch with a recruiter? I have 5 plus years mainline experience just want to come back to dallas since this is home..thanks for any help
Here's what I got in my LinkedIn email.

Hi,

I hope this message finds you well! Have you ever considered bringing your career to Southwest Airlines? Our Dispatching team is growing and would love for you to learn more about becoming a Southwest Airlines Dispatcher!

Here's what you need in order to become a Southwest Dispatcher:
💙High School Diploma or GED
❤️FAA Aircraft Dispatcher Certificate (Must have certificate prior to applying)
💛1 year of airline operations or related work experience with a Part 135 or Part 121-air carrier under the Code of Federal Regulations or equivalent military experience. (Must meet this time requirement prior to applying)

If you have all of the requirements above and are interested, join us on Tuesday September 5 at 12PM CST to hear from our Dispatch team to learn more. Here's the link to register and attend: Career Connections | Southwest Careers

Not able to attend? No worries! The Dispatch position will be opening up to accept applications on Monday, September 11th. Be sure to sign up for job alerts on our career site (careers.southwestair.com) to stay in the know and be one of the first to apply.

Thanks! Looking forward to your response!

Jessi Dobson
Sourcing Recruiter at Southwest Airlines 💙❤️💛

Was contacted for this on LinkedIn as well. It really is a good platform for job searching and networking. As well as reading stories from people in your field, or other fields if you’re looking for change. Definitely doesn’t hurt careers to have an active profile.

Internals under a year get shafted yet again:cry: It's better to not work for a major and slide right in.
Screenshot 2023-08-30 at 8.02.05 AM.PNG

Pretty standard to be at your current position for a year before you move into a different position. I heard they want to do a two year contract as a Crew Scheduler before you apply to a different position.
Same at my major, some of whom have dispatching experience.

So to confirm, they’re not shooting for a December class anymore?
That would add up.

Its usually about 8-10 weeks or so after the application closes, give or take, by the time they start offering jobs.. that puts you in mid november to early december for people to get calls... then 6-8 weeks to get all the background checks done, final offers sent, everyone moved here and start up class.. Thanksgiving, christmas, and new years (as well as other holidays of course) may slow that down so.. my guess would be 3rd monday in january start date. They'll provide a better/more accurate timeline as the process moves on.

What’s the quality of life, pay and schedule like at SWA? Is it comparable to majors?
Pay is on the Speadsheet..as of right now quality of life depends on who you speak to.

From my personal perspective, it's a good quality of life compared to the regionals. Every major has its pros and cons but it's def great to be somewhere that pays you 6 figures with potential to make a lot more money than your base scale

What’s the quality of life, pay and schedule like at SWA? Is it comparable to majors?

I’d say right now it’s near the top, but that changes with every TA. Right now they technically work the least with some of the higher pay rates. The only dig is the 5 day work week and the occasional management shenanigans.

Just sat through the weekly Career Connections Webinar they do. This one had a featured segment about their Dispatcher position. Here’s everything I took notes on.

• Application will be open 9/11-9/25
  • Testing will be from 10/2-10/6. 40 questions with 70 minutes to complete it. A “passing score” threshold will be established based on all scores that will decide if the candidate will move onto the phone screening interview.
  • Phone screening will be done 10/10-10/20
  • Final interviews will be conducted October 30th, then 11/1-11/8. Final interview will be a 50 minute technical assessment followed by a 50 minute panel interview.
  • Offers will be sent out 11/9
  • Training is slotted to start 1/8 and will consist of 9 weeks of classroom training. Monday-Friday 0700-1600.
  • No relocation assistance is offered
  • Next hiring bid after this will be at the end of 2024.
You’re welcome :)

There was a ton of info offered up but I figured I’d pass along at least this information for people to reference as they move along in the hiring process.

Good luck everyone!

Just sat through the weekly Career Connections Webinar they do. This one had a featured segment about their Dispatcher position. Here’s everything I took notes on.

• Application will be open 9/11-9/25
  • Testing will be from 10/2-10/6. 40 questions with 70 minutes to complete it. A “passing score” threshold will be established based on all scores that will decide if the candidate will move onto the phone screening interview.
  • Phone screening will be done 10/10-10/20
  • Final interviews will be conducted October 30th, then 11/1-11/8. Final interview will be a 50 minute technical assessment followed by a 50 minute panel interview.
  • Offers will be sent out 11/9
  • Training is slotted to start 1/8 and will consist of 9 weeks of classroom training. Monday-Friday 0700-1600.
  • No relocation assistance is offered
  • Next hiring bid after this will be at the end of 2024.
You’re welcome :)

There was a ton of info offered up but I figured I’d pass along at least this information for people to reference as they move along in the hiring process.

Good luck everyone!
Great info. thanks for sharing

So, it looks like the posting is gone. Wonder if it was a mistake? I did apply and it went through.

They may be reverting to their old method of removing the notice as soon as they got a set number of applications. It used to not be uncommon for dispatcher postings to only be up for a couple of hours with them. Perhaps a current WN employee can shed more light on what happened. At any rate, congrats on getting your application submitted, and good luck!

Back