Southeastern Oklahoma State University

carter32

Im a high school student just graduating from high school and was looking for schools that offer degrees in aviation and pilot licenses. I came across Southeastern Oklahoma State University and the cost is great, for international students because im from the Bahamas. I have been on this forum many times and spent hours reading you guys posts. I was wondering if you guys think this is a good school, and if not other schools you think that are good and has a good cost.

I am a gradate of SOSU. I am sure things have changed since I went there but I think it is a great school with a friendly small town atmosphere. For trivia, Dennis Rodman and Reba McIntyre also went to school there. It's proximity to Lake Texoma makes for some fun ways to cool off in the summer months.

Im a high school student just graduating from high school and was looking for schools that offer degrees in aviation and pilot licenses. I came across Southeastern Oklahoma State University and the cost is great, for international students because im from the Bahamas. I have been on this forum many times and spent hours reading you guys posts. I was wondering if you guys think this is a good school, and if not other schools you think that are good and has a good cost.

I'm an alum of '06 and I was an instructor there up until a year ago and now I fly freight. SOSU is a great university with a great program. The people there are great and very friendly. It's more of a family than a flight program. Like you mentioned the cost is very attractive but be aware that if you straggle behind it'll cost you a little more. The school has about 14 airplanes and somewhere around 75-100 students enrolled with 7 staff instructors. The university itself is about 4000 students and there are a ton of different majors at the school. The down of Durant has grown leaps and bounds from when I first moved out there but just be ready to drive 20-30 mins to get to some good restaurants. As far as enrollment you need to contact the university and they'll set you up with a tour of the campus and put you in touch with someone out at the airport to tour the aviation department. Good luck and if you need anything else just ask. The university's site is www.sosu.edu and the aviation department is aviation.sosu.edu

Jarred

you should check out OU (University of Oklahoma) their prices are good especially if your in state. Aircraft are all pretty new ( 05's) and they are kept in great condition. Also just a side note Norman is a hell of a lot more fun than Durant. Beliave me i know this because i have lived in Oklahoma for 14 years. shoot me an email at craigdavidson@ou.edu if you want to chat more about OU

p.s we have a hell of a football team as long as its not a bowl

I have to agree with Murphfly. I just left instructing there last week and I am very happy with my training there. The instructors, generally like to fly as much as possible. I recommend having a very open schedule to fly. I also suggest joining the flight team. I had a blast at competitions and made some good, life-long friends there too.

I just graduated from the University of Central Missouri, in Warrensburg, MO about 45 minutes east of Kansas City. Its worth taking a look at.

Back