Some pointers from a friend that worked WAI

Man. How long until everyone understands TT matters way less than strong interpersonal skills, diverse résumé, and networking!

Because we think of it like a sportsball game and the only comparator we have is flight time, which is only one of many factors.

To be fair, some do just that and still haven't gotten a call. I know several at 9E I've flown with, they are good people/excellent sticks, volunteer on their off time, resume is decent, and have hit every job fair around the block and then some. Crickets. And no, no big skeletons like DUIs/arrests/failures/busts/etc.

Again, you don't honestly know.

Shake the tree a little and all sorts of things your former coworkers haven't told you about come falling from the tree like fruit.

True story there is a guy at Compass who has/had his professional license and raced Supercross/Motocross for a living before being a pilot. Also a guy who was the youngest competitor to race rally cars at the xgames...

I'm certainly not that cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Again, you don't honestly know.

Shake the tree a little and all sorts of things your former coworkers haven't told you about come falling from the tree like fruit.

What? You mean people fail to disclose things, that later come out in the interview?

I don't buy that.......people are up front 100% of the time on apps and resumes.

:D

That's. it necessarily the point. I was hired when I was a toddler, myself.

I put my foot down to ask hi if he's just parroting crap he's heard or does he have some secret trove of pertinent information.

That's what I'm after.

I won't name her, she's married to a CA of ours and I've already given more than enough information. She was a Republic FO and then straight to Delta. For whatever reason she didn't pass the VX interview which was sad because they could have flown together. But she got the DAL interview and it worked out very well so more power to her.

Back