Some pointers from a friend that worked WAI

Don't be this guy, starting at 9:12.....

" I don't really want to fly for an airline. I mean I have an app in at Delta. But I don't update it often. It's not that I wouldn't work there.... "

You sorta took the whole thing out of context. He doesn't want to fly for an airline right now and loves what he does. I liked the video.

Give me a name. Otherwise, you know what they say about "dude, I just heard from another guy in thand lounge that..."

Was that directed at me? I assure you it's true, in the March 27th class. Is it really that hard to believe though? There are 23-24 yr old newhires, so not sure why someone from 0 to Delta in 4 yrs is a surprise.

Nah I'm just calling you out about "All things Delta", baseless, perhaps accurate but thrown me a name.

Was that directed at me? I assure you it's true, in the March 27th class. Is it really that hard to believe though? There are 23-24 yr old newhires, so not sure why someone from 0 to Delta in 4 yrs is a surprise.
I think it's hard to believe because zero to hero in 4 years means sub-3000 hours, which is competitive for the military types, but a civvie? Hmmm

Care to share any deets on how they got hired?

I dunno, but class average at UA is like 6,000TT for civilians
Cool. I know two people personally, NOT a "I know someone that knows someone" story, with less time than that. One was sub 4,000 and is in class at DL. The other is sitting about 45-4600 and has an interview sometime next month. Get over the butt hurt.

If you don't believe me you can ask @Derg to pm me for names and he can verify for you. The one that has an interview? Yea, he didn't do anything. No job fairs, no internals, no volunteer, he MAY have a letter of rec but I'm not sure on that and don't care enough to ask. No check airman, no training department. Did I mention he is a he?

Cool. I know two people personally, NOT a "I know someone that knows someone" story, with less time than that. One was sub 4,000 and is in class at DL. The other is sitting about 45-4600 and has an interview sometime next month. Get over the butt hurt.
Do you care to share what was so special about them, because that is significantly below average time wise?
Flight time is only a part of the puzzle, so there's gotta be something else to it.

Edit:
Thanks for the info! No need to name names.

Do you care to share what was so special about them, because that is significantly below average time wise?
Edited my post. One had a masters. The other, not so much. And don't say it was the masters because there are people on this site with JDs that can't get a look.

Care to share any deets on how they got hired?

I dunno, but class average at UA is like 6,000TT for civilians

I also had less than 3000. History of volunteer work, extra curricular activities all through high school and college, being more than just a line pilot, job fairs and internal recs seemed to do the trick for me.

Man. How long until everyone understands TT matters way less than strong interpersonal skills, diverse résumé, and networking!

To be fair, some do just that and still haven't gotten a call. I know several at 9E I've flown with, they are good people/excellent sticks, volunteer on their off time, resume is decent, and have hit every job fair around the block and then some. Crickets. And no, no big skeletons like DUIs/arrests/failures/busts/etc.

Back