Some pointers from a friend that worked WAI

The rest is true. Giving her name doesn't add any relevance to the particular issue.

I think it does.

My PM box is wiiiiiiiiide open and waiting, of course.

I like to call you out because you claim intimate knowledge, oddly, for a company you don't work for and profess to have no desire to work for. But you generally, strangely, steer clear of AA, UA, JBLU, etc.

All due respect, NO one asked how that worked. Everyone only wanted her name. I said no, she's married to a CA here I know, and there's no need for giving a personal name on a forum.

If you are wondering the career track, it was the ATP program from 0 to 6 months, everything to CFI, CFIed at ATP to restricted ATP mins (or whatever they call that), hired at Republic Airlines, and a little over 2 yrs there as a FO, and straight to Delta. That was the timeline. Was a member of WIA and I think did a Delta type rating, but that bit detail I don't know (would have to confirm). The rest is true. Giving her name doesn't add any relevance to the particular issue.
Yikes. That's pretty darn green. Given whats out there to chose from at that level, I don't know why someone with such little time would be selected above others. Especially with upgrade times coming down so low. Just an observation, happens at all airlines, don't shoot.

Yikes. That's pretty darn green. Given whats out there to chose from at that level, I don't know why someone with such little time would be selected above others. Especially with upgrade times coming down so low. Just an observation, happens at all airlines, don't shoot.
Experience doesn't matter when you have >3.8 GPA for a bachelors. That's what matters when flying passengers. Not experience actually flying passengers.

I'm just stirring the coals. ;)

Experience doesn't matter when you have >3.8 GPA for a bachelors. That's what matters when flying passengers. Not experience actually flying passengers.

I'm just stirring the coals. ;)

Ugh, you're reminding me of a guy I flew with last trip. I had to hear 6 hours of him bitching about the same subject.

Went to zero job fairs, made no effort to network, no volunteer work, "didn't believe" in resume building like instructing or being a LCA. "But if I had boobs..."

If those 7% of new hires are the reason you cannot succeed, you should just hang them up now. The guy thought that his 10,000+ hours should be the deciding factor that made him stand out from the other thousands of applications with similar resumes.

Ugh, you're reminding me of a guy I flew with last trip. I had to hear 6 hours of him bitching about the same subject.

Went to zero job fairs, made no effort to network, no volunteer work, "didn't believe" in resume building like instructing or being a LCA. "But if I had boobs..."

If those 7% of new hires are the reason you cannot succeed, you should just hang them up now. The guy thought that his 10,000+ hours should be the deciding factor that made him stand out from the other thousands of applications with similar resumes.
I'm only joking though. I know a couple that have been hired elsewhere doing nothing. Literally nothing. No job fairs. No advanced degrees. No internal reqs. Nothing.

But I know a few more that busted their ass to move on. Hearing their stories I'd be losses if they didn't get a call.

Either way I'm happy for everyone. No matter what their story is. Get out of the regionals (if you want out)! And do whatever you can. The music is going to stop. At least you're at a respectable (in my eyes) place. Did said person come from a regional?

I'm only joking though. I know a couple that have been hired elsewhere doing nothing. Literally nothing. No job fairs. No advanced degrees. No internal reqs. Nothing.

But I know a few more that busted their ass to move on. Hearing their stories I'd be losses if they didn't get a call.

Either way I'm happy for everyone. No matter what their story is. Get out of the regionals (if you want out)! And do whatever you can. The music is going to stop. At least you're at a respectable (in my eyes) place. Did said person come from a regional?

Yep. Air Whiskey.

A 747 Capt wants to leave? o_O

Oh that's right, multi-crew / IRO stuff. Oops :)

Are you FOs qualified and checked out to sit either left or right seat? Or only one guy designated as a left seat guy when the CA is on rest?

A little bit of both. Some longer days will have two captains and two FOs. Sometimes it can be one captain and three FOs. We're all qualified to sit left seat and someone is always designated PIC when the captain is on rest. You know...most of the responsibility, but with zero of the extra money!

The most irritating part of switching seats so much is having a 50/50 chance for reaching to the correct side of the seat when trying to adjust it.
After I upgraded I flew around a leg or 2 with a seat i thought was just poorly adjusted. Well it was... because I was grabbing the wrong lever.

@Cherokee_Cruiser I sat in the left seat the past 2 days during cruise. :eek2:

Back