Some Delta Application Pointers

You’re only vibrant and enjoying life without money until you or someone you love gets cancer. Then suddenly wealth is a lot more than just a luxury.

I’m not disagreeing with you that it’s not a panacea. I know some miserable people who are very well off. But given the choice, I’d say you’re far better off focusing on wealth creation than other pursuits.
Now we go full circle, where I say “yes, but...let’s go back to the original conversation ”.

Wealth creation does some awesome things, and personally I’ve been blessed beyond what I probably deserve.

On the flip side (going back), I’m going to disagree that someone’s life would be enhanced by the fiscal benefit of NOT being married or having kids as opposed to a few mil in the bank. It is almost impossible to describe the reality of being in a position where someone else’s happiness is more important than your own.

I can’t fault you for not getting on board with this concept if it’s not something that you have experience with.

I really, really don’t mean that to sound as condescending as it does when I read it. Please just think about some of your discussions with up and coming pilots, and unions, and how true it can be to say “...you’ll see when you experience the reality of *this* “

Respectfully...

Now we go full circle, where I say “yes, but...let’s go back to the original conversation ”.

Wealth creation does some awesome things, and personally I’ve been blessed beyond what I probably deserve.

On the flip side (going back), I’m going to disagree that someone’s life would be enhanced by the fiscal benefit of NOT being married or having kids as opposed to a few mil in the bank. It is almost impossible to describe the reality of being in a position where someone else’s happiness is more important than your own.

I can’t fault you for not getting on board with this concept if it’s not something that you have experience with.

I really, really don’t mean that to sound as condescending as it does when I read it. Please just think about some of your discussions with up and coming pilots, and unions, and how true it can be to say “...you’ll see when you experience the reality of *this* “

Respectfully...

I suppose we’ll just end this conversation with me wishing you well with what you’ve chosen, and also being quite happy that I’ve chosen another path. :)

I can’t even begin to argue with that.

Shalom brother!

Were I a younger man, not twenty shifts from retirement, I’d likely listen seriously to Todd’s advice, at least with the benefit of hindsight.

With decades of life’s experience, and content with most of the choices made (‘cause I sure as hell can’t change ‘em), I’m goin’ with SteveC’s.

Build for the future while you can. Accept the choices you make, good and poor, as the decades pass.

We live (and die, one-day), with the consequences of every choice we make both marking and making us.

Meanwhile at United, a cheating pilot’s wife found out and is blasting him on the Facebook group of United pilot wives.

Life decisions. Try and make good ones.

Ugh ... can’t sleep tonight, despite the OTC Benadryl and a fair amount of Vodka.

I both love and hate “social media.”

It made more sense for me to simply “block” my ex and her family members after she left than it did to see what she (may have) posted and to react to that. Took both of us to fail after such a long time.

One musn’t choose to attend every fight to which they’re invited (either online or in person). Being “right” isn’t as important as moving on to a place of emotional health.

Own the screw-up, get counseling and find healing - or choose to move on completely and finally. Man or woman, there are other “fish in the sea,” or dogs.

Just sayin’.

I just want to wake up one morning, check my Quicken account, go back to sleep and tell crew scheduling “Nah, I’m not coming in today, maybe next week. We’ll see, but I’m going to go back to bed” and not face a lifestyle correction.

Then before you know it:

VP Flight Ops:

“I’d like to move us right to CA Derg. We had a chance to meet this young man, and boy he’s just a straight shooter with upper management written all over him.”

I’ll have to borrow my wife’s phone.

I’m kind of upset with those groups.

So if the wife is a pilot or a male-male same-sex marriage, the husband cannot join because there have been, apparently, issues.

That’s akin to saying “We let a brown person in the country club once, it was MAAAAAAAADNESS so, well, they’re just not allowed any more”.

CHANGE MY MIND!! :)

So if the wife is a pilot or a male-male same-sex marriage, the husband cannot join because there have been, apparently, issues.

That’s akin to saying “We let a brown person in the country club once, it was MAAAAAAAADNESS so, well, they’re just not allowed any more”.

Didn’t know it was like that. Stupid.

My understanding is it’s called a wives group. As such, by the definition of that word, it’s probably gonna be all female. Sounds like a bunch of ladies with pilot husbands got together and that’s how it started. Now if it was a spouse group and they were discriminating men, then that’s different.

Back